Snow and storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow and storage

Hello all. We are getting closer to our GD being delivered, just in time for winter. Looking at getting good cover, but does anyone know how solar panels and 22mle roof hold up to snow loads?
    Live in sunbelt in BC, but still get some decent snow depth.

thanks for any help and if I will be brushing and shovelling it this winter.

Chris and Brittany
    soon to be 22MLE owners
    British Columbia

Can't comment on the solar panel part, but I'm of the opinion that shovelling/brushing snow off a trailer in the winter is asking for issues. With everything cold, tapping a vent or whatever may crack it. If you are standing on the roof it would be hard on the tpo - less flexible in the cold.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcticgrywolf View Post
      Hello all. We are getting closer to our GD being delivered, just in time for winter. Looking at getting good cover, but does anyone know how solar panels and 22mle roof hold up to snow loads?
      Live in sunbelt in BC, but still get some decent snow depth.

thanks for any help and if I will be brushing and shovelling it this winter.
      We have covered our Imagine for the past 5 Michigan winters with a Calmark sunbrella cover. I used swimming pool storage pillows on the roof under the cover to form a peak which worked well to drain off melting snow quickly. For the solar panel, I would be tempted to remove it if possible. Otherwise, you can make up something to protect it from the snow load. I fabricated a cover for my antenna with closed cell foam and glued it all together with M77 contact cement.
      Jim

Comment

I used a cover some years ago. It would flutter in the wind and chafe the corners and edges of the trailer. Decided the cover wasn't worth it. In the years since, my trailer stands uncovered through the winter.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
          I used a cover some years ago. It would flutter in the wind and chafe the corners and edges of the trailer. Decided the cover wasn't worth it. In the years since, my trailer stands uncovered through the winter.
          We use a custom fit cover and does not move even in the most serious wind. Fits tight with tie downs. You get what you pay for where the Calmark cover is expensive. Now with our relocation, the rig sits in a covered storage lot since it will not fit where we live today. I may sell the cover for the 2600RB since its no longer needed and looks like new.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X