TV Mount Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Mount Installation

I have a 2019 2800BH. I would like to install an outdoor TV mount, however there is no pre-installed bracket. I want to ensure I install the mount into the studs, perhaps with rivets. I would appreciate any pointers or success/horror stories on the right/wrong way to do this. Additionally, how can I get access to the frame drawings for my coach to better locate the studs. I will use a stud finder but the drawings would also be helpful. Thank you in advance.

bbignall

You could contact customer service with your VIN and they should provide you with the door side wall drawing, explain what you are wanting to do. I have not heard of anybody mounting a tv mount to the exterior of any RV , not that it can not be done. Most mount a swing arm on the wall in the pass thru storage, having the bunkhouse model you could mount a swing arm in the outside kitchen.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

bbignall I think on the units prepped for an outside TV, they have a metal plate in the wall as mentioned by Brian. Again, the only way to know is to contact customer service and inquire.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by bbignall View Post
        I have a 2019 2800BH. I would like to install an outdoor TV mount, however there is no pre-installed bracket. I want to ensure I install the mount into the studs, perhaps with rivets. I would appreciate any pointers or success/horror stories on the right/wrong way to do this. Additionally, how can I get access to the frame drawings for my coach to better locate the studs. I will use a stud finder but the drawings would also be helpful. Thank you in advance.
        You may want to look at this product for an external TV mount.
        ​​​​​​
        You can also look at a product called SeaSucker which is just the suction cup and you can mount your own tv mount to it.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

bbignall Welcome to the forum and the Family!.

When you get a chance, check out the forum welcome letter which will hopefully make your forum usage a little easier.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Unfortunately I don't have a coherent or knowledgeable answer to your question as we have a totally different animal.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X