Sealing exterior access to interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealing exterior access to interior

Anyone have some ideas on sealing access to critters to the interior of the 348M? It appears that GD doesn’t seal the area underneath the water heaters. Their are two voids between the water heater and the belly insulation in which critters can gain access to cabinetry then into trailer. At this point I’m looking at pulling water heater and doing some mesh and foam. Kinda disappointed. Sucks having to deal with critters after every time out.

Welcome to the forum. Is there any chance you could post a photo of the area of concern? To post a photo, store it on your computer, then click on the camera icon. Upload the photo from your computer.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Adoncarlos@pniaz.com View Post
      Anyone have some ideas on sealing access to critters to the interior of the 348M? It appears that GD doesn’t seal the area underneath the water heaters. Their are two voids between the water heater and the belly insulation in which critters can gain access to cabinetry then into trailer. At this point I’m looking at pulling water heater and doing some mesh and foam. Kinda disappointed. Sucks having to deal with critters after every time out.
      Hate to tell you this, but you'll probably find a large void around the water lines under the island, too. In my 315RLTS there was another large round, unsealed hole where the electrical wires ran through the floor behind the fireplace. Both allowed very easy access to critters and/or bugs.

What I did for the water lines and fireplace wires is fill the void with expanding foam. Made a heck of a mess while I was at it, but once I was done it's sealed! (Keeps hot or cold air from entering these areas, too.)

For the water heater area I installed extra insulation. Not ideal for critter deterrence--my goal was to cut down on outside air entering the trailer.

BTW, welcome to the forum. On a moderator note--it's not a good idea to use an email address as a forum username. With your concurrence I'll change your forum name to AdonC--is that OK?

-Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Adon - welcome to the forum.

Another large hole you will find is above the spare tire where the mount is, I move my spare and foamed the hole close, but there are probably other solutions too.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X