Adding sissor jacks in the middle of Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding sissor jacks in the middle of Imagine

My wife and I just purchased a 2670 Imagine and absolutely love it. The only thing we've noticed is there is some bounce in the trailer when we're walking. I was thinking about adding a sissor jack on both sides in the mid section of the frame to see if that helps. Was wondering if any else has tried it, and what were the results. TIA and Happy Camping!

Originally posted by alanmurray View Post
    My wife and I just purchased a 2670 Imagine and absolutely love it. The only thing we've noticed is there is some bounce in the trailer when we're walking. I was thinking about adding a sissor jack on both sides in the mid section of the frame to see if that helps. Was wondering if any else has tried it, and what were the results. TIA and Happy Camping!
    I was thinking the same thing today. I saw two trailers today, other brands, that have their rear jacks much closer to the rear tires. Not all the way back at the corner.

I would think that another set of jacks behind or in front of the tires would take out some of the motion near the tires. We were recently at a site that we were on grass. We can definitely feel more motion on grass sites.

It would require some taller jacks as the 4 corner jacks are attached to subframe components that are lower then the main frame.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

On our first TT i used the scissor jacks, bur quickly found that they do not limit horizontal movement very well. I chose to use a set of https://www.amazon.com/YOMILINK-Stab...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== style jacks to supplement the installed one. Night and day difference. I always use enough blocks to minimize extension of both jacks. I did not have, but considered an X chock on the wheels (it had a wide track suspension) dud never bought one. Considering an X chock for the 5er as I hear they help a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/EAZ-LIFT-4886...008026&sr=8-18 these might have been a better option.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Not pertaining to a TT but I recently tried a set of screw jacks on the hitch frame on the rear of our 5er. I have been wanting to make a set to try but found a set for cheap and bought them. They have made a huge difference in the "motion" of the RV while someone is moving insides. The rear jacks on the Reflection 5er's are close to the rear wheels so these jacks are placed clean at the back of the camper. So on a TT that has the jacks way at the back a set in the middle should help. I would keep my eyes out for a set of the screw type mentioned above, these are often used on pop up campers, you might find a used set around to try and see if it makes a difference.

Brian

This is what I found Amazon.com: Dumble RV Slide Out Stabilizer Jacks – 16in-28in Travel Trailer Stabilizer Jacks Camper Jack Stands, 2 Piece Set
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X