Adjusting tilt on Awnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting tilt on Awnings

Since there was no manual on the awnings in our GD owners package, I looked up the manual on the Carefree website. We have had a lot of rain this month and I wanted to eliminate the pooling of water. The Carefree utube showed how to adjust the tilt by pushing in the pins on the lower arm close to where the arm fits into the vertical bracket on the wall of the 5th wheel. However I was not able to push the pin on each side of the arm in far enough to clear the holes to allow the arm to move an inch or two, which will be enough to adjust the tilt. Maybe my hand is just too weak to push that hard.

Has anyone else been able to make this adjustment or found some type of tool to accomplish this adjustment?

Help.
    Thanks.
    Rich

Rich & Shari Clark, Surrey, BC
    2019 310GK, Added Furion Observation Camera, Hitch Receiver to come.
    2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali

Previous 5er had a similar setup. The pins are extremely difficult to push especially 2 at on time. you may need a punch or other tool to assist. And yes shortening the arm on one side did help with water shed.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Do it with the awning closed. That takes the awning load off the pins making it easier to push the pins.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
      X