securing the TT battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• securing the TT battery

Has anyone found a way to secure/lock the battery to the frame??? Does GD have any type of locking mechanism???

GD does not have any locking mechanism available. There are a few metal straps that I have seen on line and some have built their own, others have purchased a lockable aluminum box and mounted it the frame rails.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks, This is the first TT I have had that doesn't have a locked battery compartment. I upgraded the battery and want to keep it awhile.

Comment

try looking at other sources, such as west marine for battery boxes and tie downs.

Welcome to the family and rhe forum.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by mepboat View Post
          Has anyone found a way to secure/lock the battery to the frame??? Does GD have any type of locking mechanism???
          I use one of these around the outside of the battery box, and also on the propane tanks. I also use one on my surge protector and shore power cable to secure it to the pedestal. You can get them in a heavier duty version also.

https://smile.amazon.com/Master-Lock...s%2C270&sr=8-4

I hope this helps.

Bob
          Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
          2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Check out batteryshackle.com for some great solutions.
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I searched on youtube.com and found a video on a DIY project. It works great and while it will not stop someone determined to get to the battery it will stop the easy target types. The aluminum used was $4.99 plus the cost of a good lock. Hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
              X