Torklift Glowsteps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torklift Glowsteps

Hello everyone we are doing our PDI this Saturday on our 2022 Solitude 310GK. We can not use the steps that come with the unit. I was wondering if anyone here has changed out there steps to the Torklift Steps. If so how do you like them and did you install them yourself? If so how hard was it?

I recently changed out mine to Torklift. I changed the oem three step to the four step Torklift and like it much better. I did it solo and wasn't hard to do. The Torklift bolted right up.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Welcome and Congrats on the new Solitude.

There are a few here that have replaced their steps with the Torklift steps but most had a model with factory folding steps. I believe that your new Solitude will have solid steps that have a single hinge at the bottom of the door and the whole step folds up into the door way before the door closes. You will have to check the frame work under the door behind the side skirting to see if the frame has the box installed to accept the standard folding steps. If the box is there then you will have to cut a hole in the skirting to access this box and the new steps you wish to install. If there is no box there or place to mount the new steps then you will have a larger project on your hands involving some fabricating and welding.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by The Explorers View Post
        Hello everyone we are doing our PDI this Saturday on our 2022 Solitude 310GK. We can not use the steps that come with the unit. I was wondering if anyone here has changed out there steps to the Torklift Steps. If so how do you like them and did you install them yourself? If so how hard was it?
        The Explorers welcome to the Owners Forum, and congrats on the new Solitude. I've moved your post to the "Exterior" channel to make it easier to find. Since you're new here, you might want to read our Welcome Letter to help you get the most out of the forum. Again, welcome!
        Andi
        Brookings SD
        2018 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

I installed the Torklift steps on my unit and wound up switching back to the OEM steps. Many people like them, I did not. Here's my review I did for Torklift:

Torklift International.pdf

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Howard howson changed out his steps on his Reflection 315 (different factory steps than the Solitudes) but possible Howard will chime in with what steps he changed to and the process involved if Torklift.

Thanks, in advance EXTREMELY busy Howard !

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I had to add a 5 1/2 extra step to my oem steps.
              The Torklift was just right.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Oem steps b 2021.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	66992Click image for larger version

Name:	Torklift a.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	66993
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The ground contact was easier to adjust than the legs on the oem steps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oem steps c 2021.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	66995
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by The Explorers View Post
                  Full story of my conversion to the Torklift Glowstep is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...lift-glowsteps Add Lend-A-Hand and it's (for us) been a great setup. (See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...9981#post29981 )

Only minor niggle is the step pivots need a shot of CRC Powerlube w/PTFE on occasion to keep it easy to pull out and push back in.

Thanks for the tag, Canyonlight

Howard

P.S.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    Welcome and Congrats on the new Solitude.

There are a few here that have replaced their steps with the Torklift steps but most had a model with factory folding steps. I believe that your new Solitude will have solid steps that have a single hinge at the bottom of the door and the whole step folds up into the door way before the door closes. You will have to check the frame work under the door behind the side skirting to see if the frame has the box installed to accept the standard folding steps. If the box is there then you will have to cut a hole in the skirting to access this box and the new steps you wish to install. If there is no box there or place to mount the new steps then you will have a larger project on your hands involving some fabricating and welding.

Brian
                    Torklift has a version of steps that will replace those bolted at the bottom of the door.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The Explorers Welcome to the family and the forum!
                      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                      Nash County, NC
                      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                      X