Wet and Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet and Forget

Any advice on using 'wet and forget' on the exterior of the RV? What about the roof membrane?
    2018 RAM 3500 Diesel Eby Flatbed
    2019 367BHS
    Reese 20K GooseBox

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with that product. But the roof manufacturer only recommends cleaning the material 3-4 times a year with a mild detergent/water mix such as Dawn dish soap.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by OTTB View Post
      Any advice on using 'wet and forget' on the exterior of the RV? What about the roof membrane?
      Some of these microbial chemicals contain petroleum and some do not. Alpha does not recommend that petroleum products are used on the TPO membrane. The black algae that grows along the roof trusses can be removed with gel bleach painted along the truss line and scrubbed with (hard to imagine) a brass brush.

The brass brush has long and very soft hair like strands that will get into the textured surface of the TPO. I had a pdf of this procedure from Alpha systems and would need to dig for it on a back up drive. Perhaps someone has it tucked away and can share it.

Jim

Comment

I watched a video from Chad at changing lanes and he used simple green deluded, he said he checked with GD and they said that product was safe. He also used a soft brush looked great when he got through. Here is the video if any one is interested, RV Roof Maintenance - YouTube
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
          I watched a video from Chad at changing lanes and he used simple green deluded, he said he checked with GD and they said that product was safe. He also used a soft brush looked great when he got through. Here is the video if any one is interested, RV Roof Maintenance - YouTube
          It may help to also check with Alpha systems who makes the TPO membrane. I would like to find something to bring back my TPO to its original white, but so far its not happened. Bleaching along the truss lines brings it back but that would be labor intensive to do the entire roof this way, and care must be taken to not bleach out the decals on the side of the rig.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X