Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: Duplicate keys are easy.

FYI:
    We have a 2020 GD Momentum and no key shop could duplicate our keys for spares.
    We checked the Bauer website and were able to order them online for about $5 each.
    2020 Momentum 398M

RV Locks http://www.rvlocksandmore.com can supply keys, keys with built in LED light and all compartment locks keyed to match your entry door.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Our GD all locks are keyed alike from the Factory.
      2020 Momentum 398M

Comment

Originally posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
        Our GD all locks are keyed alike from the Factory.
        I think they only do that on Momentums and Solitudes DBC.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We have a 2019 303RLS and have not been able to make the keys for the slam locks work. It is very difficult to even get the key into the lock, if at all and not able to turn the key. Not sure if the keys are original or duplicates and possibly bad cuts on them. Has anyone had this problem? I have a call into the dealer but so far they are not responding. The single cut key for the front bay works fine as well as the for lock keys. Getting ready to be on the road for 3 months and need to be able to secure.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Pondview78 View Post
            We have a 2019 303RLS and have not been able to make the keys for the slam locks work. It is very difficult to even get the key into the lock, if at all and not able to turn the key. Not sure if the keys are original or duplicates and possibly bad cuts on them. Has anyone had this problem? I have a call into the dealer but so far they are not responding. The single cut key for the front bay works fine as well as the for lock keys. Getting ready to be on the road for 3 months and need to be able to secure.

Jim
            Jim

I noticed this on our rig when new also. I used some dry lube . CRC power lube , and it helped. The keys and lock seem to be a bit tight as well I always had to jiggle them to get them in so I could unlock the doors.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Almost embarrassed how easy that was. One shot in each lock and they instantly inserted and turned easily.
              Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Jim

I noticed this on our rig when new also. I used some dry lube . CRC power lube , and it helped. The keys and lock seem to be a bit tight as well I always had to jiggle them to get them in so I could unlock the doors.

Brian
              Will give that a try Brian. Thank you for the tip.
              Last edited by Pondview78; 11-24-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

We had to replace the rear loading ramp handles. We were able to re-use the former locks so the rig is still all keyed alike.
                BTW the new handles are better quality than stock.
                2020 Momentum 398M

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I think they only do that on Momentums and Solitudes DBC.

Jim
                  2022 Reflection are keyed alike also.

Comment

Working...
                  X