No announcement yet.

Cam Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All things considered could I just rekey the locks to my door dead bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Dianne View Post
      All things considered could I just rekey the locks to my door dead bolt?
      You certainly can do that but, the small cam locks are hard to get in a wide variety of different keys, these are not like a house door lock where the key is long and have many different combinations, the short key for the cam locks is not as long and can only have a few different combinations. The chances of someone in a campground having the same key is slim if you use the rv locks and more. The CH751 key is not only used by RV manufactures but also with truck caps and other vehicle items where a cheap lock is required. Using the key number from your door key rv locks and more will get you replacement locks so you will have 1 key for all locks, there will still be the chance that someone will have the same key as you. If someone wants in they will get in somehow and the locks will not matter at that point.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

All,

Came across this thread this evening as I was trying to find a way to add some cam locks to my camper, but have them keyed to match the locks I already have. My Reflection 367BHS has Bauer keys (see picture), and what do you know, Bauer Products sells cam lock cylinders that you can have keyed to your existing key. You simply have to measure your existing cam lock cylinders and order the same size. Your existing key will have the key number stamped on the top of the shaft, just under the plastic head. https://bauerproducts.com/product/sci-cam-lock/

Happy Camping,
        Mark B

Comment

Working...
        X