Cargo Door won't stay latched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo Door won't stay latched

One of my cargo doors won't stay latched even when locked, I can pull it open and it comes open while driving. Is there a procedure to adjust the latch so it will fully engage?
    Thank you
    Jeff

Originally posted by JeffMendenhall View Post
    One of my cargo doors won't stay latched even when locked, I can pull it open and it comes open while driving. Is there a procedure to adjust the latch so it will fully engage?
    Thank you
    Jeff
    Year and model trailer? Which specific cargo door? (Helps if you fill out your signature line--see mine below as an example.)

Even better, take a picture of the offending latch/door and post it so we can see exactly what you're referencing.

-Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes - I had the same issue - the driver side pass through door on my 2670. It has the "slam latch" instead of earlier models with cam latches. Even locked, a tug would pull it out. Unfortunately, on mine, the cover plate and latch hardware is riveted - and I don't have a rivet set. I took it to my dealer as part of my new-purchase shakedown list, and they ended up shimming the strike plate at the bottom of the hatch trim. Now it is secure.

The best news is - that was the biggest single issue I found after delivery.
      Scott & Fonda
      2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
      2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
      Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
      Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
      Virginia Beach

Comment

I am having the same issue with the front passenger side cargo compartment. Does anyone have pictures of what the shim solution looks like? Has anyone performed this fix themselves?

Tom
        2020 Imagine 2800BH
        2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7L
        Equalizer hitch

Comment

Working...
        X