No announcement yet.

How to seal Momentum G-25 Outside Kitchen door hinge that leaks water into RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to seal Momentum G-25 Outside Kitchen door hinge that leaks water into RV

I have a problem with water leaking into my outside kitchen and into the bedroom. Our RV Dealer replaced the outside kitchen door and thought they had fixed the problem. They even checked the window seals above and replaced caulk on the outside. After a heavy rain it leaked again so I noticed that rain was seeping into the RV around the bottom hinge and there was no seal. Is there suppose to be a seal under the outside kitchen door bottom hinge or does it just need to be caulked? Thanks.
    Last edited by jhanna4118; 04-16-2022, 08:49 AM.

Originally posted by jhanna4118@yahoo.com View Post
    I have a problem with water leaking into my outside kitchen and into the bedroom. Our RV Dealer replaced the outside kitchen door and thought they had fixed the problem. They even checked the window seals above and replaced caulk on the outside. After a heavy rain it leaked again so I noticed that rain was seeping into the RV around the bottom hinge and there was no seal. Is there suppose to be a seal under the outside kitchen door bottom hinge or does it just need to be caulked? Thanks.
    I had this issue with our Reflection 29RS outside kitchen and added some foam across where the hinges are so it contacts the top of the door when closed. If you can post a picture it may be the same as mine.

Also please look for a PM I am sending you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Be sure you don’t have a gutter problem above causing water to stream down the side. That can fool you as to where the problem is.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Here is a picture of the inside hinge. The water flows underneath and into the kitchen.

Comment

jhanna4118

​​​​​​​Your door flips down where mine flips up. I would think you could add some silicone to seal that or a strip of foam that will compress when the door is closed.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
            Be sure you don’t have a gutter problem above causing water to stream down the side. That can fool you as to where the problem is.
            I had a RV Repair service come by yesterday and they did some caulking around where the water was seeping into the outside kitchen. That did not completely fix the problem, so I looked at Jkwilson's comment again on a potential gutter problem. Well after working with many options I now feel you may be right. Any recommendations on what to put between the seal and outer edge of the door frame. I am concerned that I might break the seal around the top and sides. I greatly appreciate all the feedback on this issue.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	59A7F203-9085-48E4-A993-3727BB235860.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	90572 Click image for larger version  Name:	2D566B7E-DCAE-41CA-82DC-58D49250068D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	90570 Click image for larger version  Name:	A99320B7-6AC2-4B45-BAD5-0B061A3D7E7A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	90571

Exact same problem here on my new 25G. We just woke up to a trail of water in the bedroom coming from the outdoor kitchen.

I am 99% I found out what mine is though, they put four self tapping screws into the baggage door frame into the wall at the bottom. I simply poured some water on them and the water disappeared! Pulled out all the screws and found every head was broken and the holes were not filled with sealant! Another example of piece work… rush rush rush, no checking their work.

I was wondering why the grey wall on the side of the bedroom was “peeling” in the corner, now it know. Will see about getting that panel replaced under warranty assuming we don’t find more water damage.

They should also have a rain gutter/reflector above each of the baggage doors to prevent water from going straight into the door seals, I had this on previous trailers will have to look up the pics.

In the meantime ensure you level your trailer so water is running off from this front corner. That should angle the water away from the door and seals.

Cheers
              Tim
              Last edited by Thorvald; 07-20-2022, 09:02 AM.
              2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
              2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

Working...
              X