Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy trim piece?

Hello,

Where can owners buy replacement parts like the rubber trim piece circled and the metal piece underneath the rubber?

It's the pieces that go between the front cap and the rest of the trailer underneath in the front (by the kingpin).

2021 381m

Circled in blue

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220424-124438_Gallery.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	83117

Thanks
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
    2020 Ram 3500 8ft

GDRV has a published parts look up web page. Look at the top of the forum page. You'll see the following "Parts Lookup (External Link)". Click on the link and enter the information about your make, model, and model year. It will have subsections where you can search for the part numbers. Once you obtain the part numbers you're looking for, you can contact your dealership to order them. I know some people were successful in ordering the parts directly from GDRV when their dealer was too slow or uncooperative.

If you can't get help from your dealer, call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679. Have your VIN, and it would be helpful if you've already looked up the part numers. Just note that shipping costs can sometimes be very pricey.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Name:	20220424_151313.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	83122

Name:	20220424_151221.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	83123

Here's what I bought from my dealer. Rvdesigner.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        GDRV has a published parts look up web page. Look at the top of the forum page. You'll see the following "Parts Lookup (External Link)". Click on the link and enter the information about your make, model, and model year. It will have subsections where you can search for the part numbers. Once you obtain the part numbers you're looking for, you can contact your dealership to order them. I know some people were successful in ordering the parts directly from GDRV when their dealer was too slow or uncooperative.

If you can't get help from your dealer, call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679. Have your VIN, and it would be helpful if you've already looked up the part numers. Just note that shipping costs can sometimes be very pricey.

Jim
        Awesome. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the help!
        2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

So I called my dealer and the prices for the items were actually relatively reasonable. Something like 50 bucks for a BIG bracket. The huge whammy is the shipping. First of all, they said they ship everything seperately so you need to pay seperate shipping fees for everything. Second fo all, he said since the metal piece is very long it will have to be shopped freight from them and so a $50 light piece of metal will cost another 200 or so to ship.

Does this sound right?
          2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Originally posted by timelinex View Post
            So I called my dealer and the prices for the items were actually relatively reasonable. Something like 50 bucks for a BIG bracket. The huge whammy is the shipping. First of all, they said they ship everything seperately so you need to pay seperate shipping fees for everything. Second fo all, he said since the metal piece is very long it will have to be shopped freight from them and so a $50 light piece of metal will cost another 200 or so to ship.

Does this sound right?
            Yes that sounds like what we have heard before. The metal trim piece will have to be crated to avoid shipping damage. If you are anywhere near Elkhart or going to be close to there sometime this year you may be able to get it from GD or a dealer in that area and save the shipping cost.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X