Dead Bolt locking failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Bolt locking failure

Moderator note: I moved this to an appropriate channel.

We have problem with this lock not opening. Has anyone had same problem, and is replacement the only solution? Weve snapped one key already
    Last edited by ncitro; 05-03-2022, 08:39 AM.

I'm thinking you will likely have to destroy the lock to get the door open again. So ya, replacement is the only way I think.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by mdpmail@msn.com View Post
      We have problem with this lock not opening. Has anyone had same problem, and is replacement the only solution? Weve snapped one key already
      Not sure what model trailer you have but check all your windows and see if one will open from the outside. I know my main living room window does not latch right sometimes and it can be slid open. That would get you inside and then you either try the lever or take the handle apart (screws are on the inside)

Also welcome to the forum! We have created a welcome letter for new members at the link below. One of the things it covers is your forum name, you don't want to use an email address. If you PM me or one of the other moderators we can change it for you.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

A question is whether the deadbolt not moving is due to pressure on the bolt from the door frame opening. Try pushing the door in while turning the key.
        Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
        2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
        2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Thanks everyone. New stronger key, Sun moved over head to relieve the heat, and my jiggling the old key remains. Got us in. Adjusted the key plate and all is well now. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X