Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Size of neo-angle skylight 2017 307 MKS ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of neo-angle skylight 2017 307 MKS ???

Hello All,
    I have a 2017 Reflection 307 MKS with a cracked neo angle skylight. GD art # is 540021 which is a NLA.
    Parts list it as 24" X 24" but no one at GD can tell me what the actual size of the other 3 sides are ??

I prefer to order a Lexan or polycarbonate replacement and will likely need a custom made unit.
    My 307MKS was the 3rd unit off the line and came with the smoke version which I prefer for the shade.

Do any of the sages here have this info ??
    Would appreciate the help as a site search does not render a result.

Thanks guys,
    Michael
    F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat LB 25 row aux transmission cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 Performance chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks, 152 K

2017 307 MKS 9,875 UVW 12,995 GVWR 1,605 Pin wt.

Could you measure the inside trim ring. lenght by width will help in the search for a replacement.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Brian,
      Maybe I wasn't clear ?? It is a five sided neo angle unit.
      The inside trim isn't even close to what the roof skylight's dimensions are.... as it does not account for the flange.

What I need are the actual flange to flange measurements of all five sides.

Moderators have access to GD parts dimensions, or so I thought ??
      I was told there are only 3 size skylight GD uses.....SOMEONE must've asked this before ?

I cannot measure the flange accurately due to the sealant overlapping it.

Michael
      F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat LB 25 row aux transmission cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 Performance chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks, 152 K

Comment

Da Breeze -- the 307MKS is one of the rare units the moderators do not have any information on (or at least none I can find). A YouTube video showed the skylight--it is quite unusual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unusual Skylight.JPG
Views:	634
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	84116
        I did an image search for "RV corner shower skylight" and based on what I saw in the video and also online it could be this https://www.icondirect.com/rv-skylight-nsl2814/

The icondirect folks look like they have quite an assortment so they should be able to compare what you can measure inside the camper to what they sell.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hey Howard,

Not so rare but just not known by that moniker.
          It was/is a precursor to the 320 MKS. before GD went... BIGGER is BETTER !!

I LOVED that this model/prototype was only 32 ft long, under 10K dry weight with a 1,600 lb pin weight.

Then, when I considered its "over-built" engineering with a 10" I beam, 6K axles, 3K springs on 16" wheels, giving it GVWR of 12,995 !lbs. AND...
          GD put the frig on back wall (making both opposing slides equal in weight), you might appreciate my enthusiasm.

I can go ANYWHERE in this form factor, ( state, federal, national parks) and I have, confident in its structural integrity.
          Jeez, I sound like an ad !! lol
          Stay tuned as I will soon be posting the ULTIMATE MOD I made to this rig which will be sure to astound the new 320 MKS owners !!

Anyway, looks like I'll just measure the flanges up top as best I can.
          Still curious why GD claimed that all neo angle skylights are all the same size and none of the tech guys are aware of this......very weird ??

Be Well,
          Michael aka Da Breeze

Comment

Originally posted by Da Breeze View Post
            Hello All,
            I have a 2017 Reflection 307 MKS with a cracked neo angle skylight. GD art # is 540021 which is a NLA.
            Parts list it as 24" X 24" but no one at GD can tell me what the actual size of the other 3 sides are ??

I prefer to order a Lexan or polycarbonate replacement and will likely need a custom made unit.
            My 307MKS was the 3rd unit off the line and came with the smoke version which I prefer for the shade.

Thanks guys,
            Michael
            Same situation. Outer flange dimensions measures 28 x 28 x 17 x 17. Didn't measure the cut corner as it is fixed by the other cuts. Did you ever find one?

Comment

Da Breeze -- obviously this thread is now "old", but came across a bunch of the skylights at Bontragers RV in White Pigeon, MI, so if anyone else comes across this thread looking for this skylight consider them a source. https://bontragers.com/

Name:	Skylights1.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	92777

Name:	skylights2.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	92776
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Breeze View Post
                Hello All,

Thanks guys,
                Michael
                Da Breeze Did you ever find a replacement for your sky light? I'm asking because of the recent events I need to replace mine. Feeder bands from Ian on 9/29/22 exposed a small leak, so I thought, in my shower skylight. After a lull in the rains, we live on East coast minimal effect from Ian, I went up on the roof to put sealant tape down and then on Thursday went in and took the inner trim piece and found more. Long story short Friday I removed the outside sealant to physically measure the skylight and found it was 28" x28" x16 3/4" x 17 1/8" x 15 9/16" . After removing the skylight I found more damage caused by moisture intrusion from poor quality of work! I found one that should work for mine although a bit bigger at Icondirect.com. I've got more pics for GD to look at. EDIT: My part # was 540021 and replacement part # is 540171 in cracked Ice. Went down to Palm Beach RV GD dealership in PB, FL to get one but won't fit because the side legs were only 15". Also very flimsy.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jbandtbone; 10-02-2022, 12:20 PM.
                John and Teresa
                "19" 2500 HD GMC Sierra Duramax SLT.
                "17" 303RLS

Comment

Jbandtbone -- post 7 was no help?

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    Jbandtbone -- post 7 was no help?
                    I couldn't find anything. But I'm calling first thing Monday. Thanks
                    John and Teresa
                    "19" 2500 HD GMC Sierra Duramax SLT.
                    "17" 303RLS

Comment

Working...
                    X