Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless Door and Baggage locks suggestions

Good day to all,
    I have been looking on line for replacements for the standard door and baggage door Locks. I would like something that has one key for all the locks but not a key that everyone has. The reviews online are very mixed for what is good and bad. Any suggestions of what worked or ones to stay away from would be most appreciated.

Originally posted by jwhtng55 View Post
    Good day to all,
    I have been looking on line for replacements for the standard door and baggage door Locks. I would like something that has one key for all the locks but not a key that everyone has. The reviews online are very mixed for what is good and bad. Any suggestions of what worked or ones to stay away from would be most appreciated.

RV locks is where most go RV Locks And More. They have replacements for the slam latches as well as the barrel locks that can be keyed the same as your entrance door key. The downside is that the keys are short so there is only a few different combinations but it is not like the old CH751 key that everyone has. I replaced all of my locks with these and it is nice to have one key to fit all.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'm subscribed to this, as I would like to do this as well. Looked on RV locks and more website, and there's a lot there, but like OP said it would be great to hear what others have done and like. I would also like to change my non slam latch/lock baggage doors to slam latches with locks so it's one less key to mess around with. On my 2910BH, only the front pass through has slam latches. The storage on the back and the outside kitchen are the usual tumbler latch style. Ideally it would be one key for everything, but not sure if that's possible.
      2021 Ford F1-50 Lariat Powerboost
      2022 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH

Comment

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...e-baggage-door

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...n-2019-315rlts
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

jwhtng55 LHoffmanjr22

I went with RV Lock (not the same as the link posted above). Replaced door handle, slam latches and barrel lock on my 303. All keyed alike. Very happy with them so far.

A bit on the pricey side (especially if shipping to Canada). Bought mine on a Black Friday sale (40% off).

https://www.rvlock.com/

Ken & Sandra
          2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Trying to keep these 2 separate(?) companies apart:

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/f...ravel-trailers

https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/

If I do this, I would want to re-key everything to one lock like others have mentioned. A number pad on all the locks would be great and would also love a wireless fob and/or cell phone app that can wirelessly (bluetooth) lock or unlock everything.

I like the looks of this for the main door - the handle is fantastic. Maybe this won't work/fit right? It does have bluetooth.
            https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Ultra...lectronic-Lock

But, it looks like the wireless fob is rvlock.com and not rvlocksandmore. I specifically like the handle better on the link above from rvlocksandmore.

I don't see any wireless capability or number pad on the slam latch doors here:
            https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/locks...partment-Locks

It looks like rvlock.com has a keypad for baggage doors?

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/f...=4141079658523

I think I am going to have to pick and choose what I want the most?

Also - has anyone taken an outdoor kitchen aka a cam lock and changed it to a slam latch? Is there room? Assume cutting the larger hole is required - is it doable?
            2020 Imagine 2400BH
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

bellis Howson did the mod on a basement door: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...e-baggage-door
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                bellis Howson did the mod on a basement door: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...e-baggage-door
                Thanks! I have subscribed to that thread as well.

howson - per the above - would you recommend rvlock.com or rvlocksandmore.com? Am guessing a mixture of both is not going to be what I want....but really like that horizontal handle as opposed to the factory handle.
                2020 Imagine 2400BH
                2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

bellis -- my only experience is with the rvlock.com product. That does not mean they are better than their competition...in other words I can't provide any meaningful comparison.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Do any of these slam latches have any protection against simply using a pocket knife or other blade-like tool to push in the bolt in to gain entry? It takes me 5 seconds to get into our "locked" pass through doors with my knife. It does not appear that the fancy keyless entry slam latches (RVLock, eg) have protection against this, but I'd like to hear from those howson KSC_Travels who have them.
                    I do not know the term for the mechanism, but conventional house exterior locks have the small secondary "bolt" which, when depressed, prevents knifing the door open.

I will likely put some sort of cam-lock on our pass through doors. Alternatively, I could design some sort of latch guard to hinder knifing them open.

Thanks.
                    Ottertail, Minnesota
                    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

AlexPeterson -- no protection IMO. When the mechanism broke in one of the passthru RVLock handles it took 5 seconds with a large flathead screwdriver to open the door.

Comment

5 Seconds to gain entry with a knife. You guys are slow.

I have an idea for a pick guard, but when I tried Jimmi Jammer to get the produced, they turned to crickets after he talked to one of his buddies with a class A MH (they have completely different lock systems).
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                          AlexPeterson -- no protection IMO. When the mechanism broke in one of the passthru RVLock handles it took 5 seconds with a large flathead screwdriver to open the door.
                          Howard - thanks... Uhg, I was hoping for a different answer!
                          Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post

Howard - thanks... Uhg, I was hoping for a different answer!
                            Most all of the lock systems in the RV fall into the "keep honest people honest" category.

Neil Citro
                            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Most all of the lock systems in the RV fall into the "keep honest people honest" category.
                              Very true! I plan to make the thief move to the next RV down the line!
                              Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

Working...
                              X