2800/2400 front storage rotted floor board wood replacement water damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2800/2400 front storage rotted floor board wood replacement water damage

911...Looking for advise/guidance/pics on how to replace the floor in the front storage unit. Thanks in advance. Mobile RV units are not available and dealers can't get me in for several months. I don't mind doing the work myself, just need to know how. I have a basic idea.

mr2mellow I've never tackled that project but I can tell you the whole trailer is built on top of the floor, so the wall will be sitting on it. The floor in the imagine I believe is laminated (one of the guys can back me up here). If that's right, then I think it's made up of a metal frame, filled with white styrofoam (think disposable coolers) and then thin luan is glued to all of that. It's then fed through pinch rollers to compress and set the glue.

All that is a long way to say depending how much of the floor you need to replace (just the vinyl, the luan, or more) will determine what you're in for. If you need to get the luan up it may be a fight ASI think it's glued down. You'd need to make a cut somewhere and then try to work it up.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hopefully it's not rotted to the walls. I suggest drilling a hole through or finding some way to figure out how thick the floor is. Never done it my self, but this is the approach I would start with.

Once you know how thick the floor is, you can cut strips wide enough to fit through the basement doors and then attach it in place. You may also want to use scab boards on the underside of the seams to help keep the flooring sections level to each other.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

The floor of the Imagine trailers is laminated as Neil describes in post #2. See the construction details section of the factory website. https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...e/construction The only part of this structure that can rot is the relatively thin layer of luan plywood. All the layers are glued together and under all walls, etc, as described earlier.

I would start by peeling back the vinyl flooring to determine the extent of the plywood that needs to be replaced. Since the original construction has no mechanical fasteners, getting everything dried out and again using glue would be my plan. (I have seen the factory construction process . . . but, have never been involved in a repair . . . just FYI)

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Is it possibly a warranty job?

Comment

Working...
          X