Adding a Curt RV Hitch Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post

IMO, a solid mount for a bike rack or cargo carrier for the back would be a big seller and money maker. 5th wheel owners struggle to find room for generators and a family load of bikes. Maybe two strong mounting points to the frame down low, and two more up higher to control the bouncing.
    I agree 100% - and the cost to the RV manufacturers would be no more than a few dollars. They could supply the bike rack mounting kit ( 2" Receiver) for an additional charge. It makes no sense not to offer this.

I am not concerned that much about the bouncing - there are bike racks available that are approved for RV attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
      Making the frame robust enough to carry the added equipment costs money. The RV industry has always been hyper cost and weight conscious. Unfortunately these type of deep dive questions dont get brought up during many sales.
      It just seems like a lost opportunity to make more money - even if the uptake is a small percentage, the cost to add mounting features to the frame is low, and the upsell margins would be very good. The product management function at most RV manufacturers is dismal.

Comment

The Transcend line is a budget/weight conscious selection. They are built to a price point. I understand that you believe its just a few holes but honestly I believe its more than that. adding loads like that off the back of the frame requires the entire frame to be able to withstand the increased forces. RV frames arent designed with much extra margin. I realize this thought might not be popular but I think youre being unrealistic to expect a lot of extras in a budget line of trailers.
        I have been in this situation and found my bike rack mount broken and my bikes almost destroyed. This was on our first travel trailer, a bare bones, no slide 27 footer. The learning curve was steep on that one
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
        X