Roof issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof issues

We went in for a recall notice on our fridge. Took it too General Trailer to get resolved. They did a courtesy check and found this issue on the roof. We were camping only several miles from GD headquarters. So, I went to them to show them the pics I got from GT. After talking with a GD rep and showing the pics to the rep I was told this was not how it came from GD. We did buy this brand new (so we thought... 2020 Solitude). As you can see there is cracking along with tape that GD insist is not how it comes from GD. I will bet anything when we go back to the dealership, they will put the workmanship back on GD. I do have it currently at a rv repair shop in Shipshewana waiting to hear back on the results of their findings. I've had several typed of campers in the past much older than this one but have never had anything like this happen. I'm open for suggestions but at the same time don't want what could be a large bill. Who do I believe...GD or GT???
    Attached Files
    2020 SOLITUDE 310GK
    2016 GMC DURAMAX 6.6 TURBO

After looking at your photos, I'm going to agree with GDRV that this does not look like anything I've ever seen coming out of their factory. This is purely conjecture on my part - It looks like someone tried to "touch up" the sealant at one time or another.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I wonder if the dealer when they sold it did not like the self leveling appearance and was worried it would leak so they added the eternabond.

GD should have any records if it was ever previously owned as the dealer would have reported it sold.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I would go with what GD says, they have never lied to me, General RV on the other hand............

Honestly I dont see a big issue in the pics ? I would clean up the areas on the ends and just caulk/seal over the areas that appear cracked. Looks pretty typical to me
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Second Chance

Rob,
          What does your roof look like compared to the pictures above?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            After looking at your photos, I'm going to agree with GDRV that this does not look like anything I've ever seen coming out of their factory. This is purely conjecture on my part - It looks like someone tried to "touch up" the sealant at one time or another.

Jim
            +1. Should have the Alpha SL (i think) goop on there depending on the pitch of pic 1 joint, forgot the p#, with a big wide sealed area and some non-SL (putty like stuff) thumbed onto the corners. Def. see a tear in the last pic. Alpha also makes patch stuff for that.
            Attached Files
            '20 Baby Grand 230RL
            '93 Ford F350, 4WD, Crew, long box, 7.5L, SRW
            Demco High Jacker 6076P-16k
            Demco custom rails 8552005-71

Comment

[QUOTE=Country Campers;n85978]Second Chance

Rob,
              What does your roof look like compared to the pictures above?

Brian [/

A lot neater than that with a much wider band of sealant on top. Last fall we had the metal batten strip just behind the front camp come up (screws had been over-torqued in the plywood during assembly) and push up the sealant and create a place where water could leak. I had a mobile tech repair it. He took photos before and after which I sent to GD... they reimbursed for the repair.

Rob
              Rob & Laura
              U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
              2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
              (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
              Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
              X