Putting Sewer Tube in Front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Sewer Tube in Front?

My 381m has a tube in the back that holds my sewer hoses. I'm constantly looking for ways to raise pin weight. Is there a reason that the tube is in the back or can I confidently move it up front? I'm also planning on adding a 2nd one and wanted it up front too.

Let me know what you guys think
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
    2020 Ram 3500 8ft

What would be the total weight of the tube with sewer hose? Things add up if making an effort to move multiple items forward but this alone will not be a game changer.

Jim

Comment

timelinex don't know why not.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

There should be no problem doing this. I actually added a second tube up front to hole my tripod grill legs. If your dump connection is closer to the front this will also be a plus. I often wonder why the tube was not placed beside the dump connection, probably because there are tanks above that area that may need servicing and the tube would be one more thing to remove, or like Corvair they forgot to put it on in the front and it ended up in the back (haha).

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think they put the tubes in the back because of the gas lines being attached to the bottom of the frame rails. I know on the 303 it makes not sense as the tube is buried under the slide behind the wheels where the connection is free and clear of slides in front of the wheels.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

The factory mounted my tube in front and it overlays the propane line, so I don't see any issues with you moving yours. But it's probably only about 20 pounds.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X