Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solitude 310GK tank vent identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vabiii3 I had a black tank clog over the winter I had to deal with. I found it fairly easy to pull the toilet and then it was easy to remove the angled black pipe that ran from the toilet to the black tank. As I recall it mostly lifted out of the tank once the toilet was out of the way. The floor of my pass through (Reflection so different frame) was right above the tank, with the pipe gone we were able to reach into the tank and remove the pile of paper my three year old had experimented with...

I know your problem seems to be in the vent, but thought it might be helpful to check the tank itself.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I want to thank everyone for all the helpful suggestions!
      ncitro If the problem is under the toilet I am hoping that cutting the vent (which is right next to the toilet pipe into the tank) and using a strong spray to break it up would work. After listening to other's comments here, I am truly beginning to believe that I have allowed the tank to remain too dry, over the years. If the other options do not work, then I will use your suggestion.
      I am going with easiest, least work, first .

Jlawles2, Yoda I just don't know how to get the hose to clear the black tank vent and not just run down the shower/gray tank line, instead. The vent cap is as you say...one phillips screw and it will come off. After I try the Walex Commando black tank cleaner (it already arrived), I may go try the Dawn/Tide suggestion, in the future. I have found, a lot of times, that common household products work as well or better than more expensive "dedicated" products of any type (bulk sodium hydroxide rather than Red Devil lye for cleaning drains).

I have no concerns using the couplers suggested, if I decide to cut into the black vent. I am sure it will work fine in this application.

2017 Solitude GK310
      2017 Ram 3500

Comment

vabiii3 Good luck, its not going to be easy regardless. The toilet pulls easy, I have had mine off a bunch of times to change the leaky seal, I would go that route before cutting the vent, as no cutting would be needed.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

UPDATE-- Sorry for the delay. I solved the black tank issue without any cutting into the vent or removing the toilet. I flushed the tank as well as I could and filled it 1/2 full and added digester. I then ran the RV up to Crooked River State Park, in Georgia, approx. 4 hour drive, allowing the tank to slosh around. Did several drain and fills then used a rotating flush attachment down into the tank from the toilet. That attachment broke a lot (a LOT) of stuff loose. I kept at it until I had several drains with nothing but clear water. Since then everything has worked well.
          From now on I will make sure their is always some water in the black tank.

Thanks gang.
          2017 Solitude GK310
          2017 Ram 3500

Comment

Working...
          X