GD 2800BH Travel Trailer RV Cover Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD 2800BH Travel Trailer RV Cover Recommendations

I am looking at purchasing a RV cover for our GD 2800BH trailer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality cover. We haven’t built our shop yet and we get 20-30mph winds and 50-60” of rain annually. Looking for a cover that will hold up for at least 3 years. Budget under $600.

I appreciate your input.
    2022 Imagine BH2800
    ProPride P3 hitch
    2013 Ford F-150 4x4, 3.5 Ecoboost

Calmark Cover made of 100% Sunbrella, but it will be far north of $600.

We used one on our Imagine 2600RB for 5 Michigan winters with no noticeable wear to the cover and no abrasion to the rig. In fall of 2016 the cover was $900 shipped.

Jim

Comment

That's a lot to ask for a cover at that price point IMO. I use one of these and so far, so good (it's only been on a few weeks). But my use case is to protect from sun and keep some of the dust away. It hasn't been on for its first monsoon storm yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits really nice, and I went this route due to the high number of straps. We get some wild wind storms here in the summer months. But it's a bit thin. Not a nice thick fabric like a quality boat cover is.
      2022 Imagine 2600RB
      2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Originally posted by uwskier View Post
        That's a lot to ask for a cover at that price point IMO. I use one of these and so far, so good (it's only been on a few weeks). But my use case is to protect from sun and keep some of the dust away. It hasn't been on for its first monsoon storm yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits really nice, and I went this route due to the high number of straps. We get some wild wind storms here in the summer months. But it's a bit thin. Not a nice thick fabric like a quality boat cover is.
        I'm not making a case for the Calmark option but Sunbrella is very expensive and the cover is custom made. Just had a Sunbrella over the windshield ****pit (driver and passenger area only) cover made for my 20' boat which was $1500. Its unbelievable how expensive things have become. I bet the Calmark cover is much more expensive today than when I purchased one.

Calmark uses webbing across the roof and down the side where the weight from side material will fail the roof if the webbing does not include the roof.

Jim

Comment

This is the cover I bought for mine Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20201003_143543_9956.jpeg
Views:	491
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	87568
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

It's like we have twin RV covers.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20191110_100747.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	87571

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes like I said a shop is in the future. Nice shop BTW. Just got an rough estimate without shipping from Calmark, $1900 😬 Would want to put that money into a shop. Building costs are just so expensive right now.
              2022 Imagine BH2800
              ProPride P3 hitch
              2013 Ford F-150 4x4, 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

I used one from camping world for quite a while, around $350 but that was 10 years ago, might be worth a shot.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

A flapping or torn cover can quickly do more damage than the weather can do with no cover at all. With the potential for winds that you mention . . . I would go with a good coat of wax and forget the cover. Unless the cover is well ventilated it is likely to hold moisture inside, which is never a good thing. I have never covered my RV, but battled all these things with winter boat covers.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by jdfritz View Post
                    Yes like I said a shop is in the future. Nice shop BTW. Just got an rough estimate without shipping from Calmark, $1900 😬 Would want to put that money into a shop. Building costs are just so expensive right now.
                    One thing is for sure, as soon as you build it you will wish you built it a little bigger. Mine is 30x50 and when I built it in 2015 I really squeezed all the money I could. I would guesstimate the price is probably doubled by now. The banks appraiser tried to tell me it didnt add any value to the property for appraisal purposes, I laughed at her, she was an idiot.
                    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by jdfritz View Post
                      This does not surprise me given the cost of items today. My small boat cover from the windshield back was $1500 for U.S. sourced Sunbrella. Building supplies are insane as well. If your planning on a future shop, the cheaper cover option to get you by might be best. My Calmark cover was a permanent solution until we moved. Now we rent covered storage for $100/mo. Almost a tank of fuel these days.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X