• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 6mm bolt would fit.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The part numbers are 560511 and 560512 for the left and right hinges respectively

It took GD parts dept quite a while to determine the hinges I needed, but then sent me a set for free
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy Thank you so much for that information - it's extremely valuable for obtaining replacements! BTW - Have you had others break? I'm wondering if this is a constant repair that I will have to make. Right now I have a 1/4" bolt in place which seems to work for now but I worry about the threads cutting things.

You can tell they had issues with these as they not only put a hex in the top of the plastic pin, but they also had to use a secondary punch at the bottom of the hinge to stake the pins in (which makes removing the broken pieces "fun")
        2021 2800BH
        2021 F150 Crew

Comment

I've had nothing else break. But it's always in the back of my mind every time I open or close a door. Best be prepared and have spares or a plan
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

TedS Ted, sorry I missed your post - you used a regular door hinge pin? What is holding it in place? They had so many things on the plastic pins to prevent it falling out I figured anything less would fail. They have an interference fit, a hex head top 1/4", and even stake the hinge metal into the pin all to hold it in place. I imagine your door hinge is just pushed in, or did you use a glue or loctite?

I'm curious as any solution I come up with will have to address that.

Thanks!
            2021 2800BH
            2021 F150 Crew

Comment

mboehk the hinge pin has a knurl under the head. That holds the pin in place as it gets driven into the hinge hole.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                mboehk the hinge pin has a knurl under the head. That holds the pin in place as it gets driven into the hinge hole.
                Ted - any chance of a size, part number or link? Lots of different door hing pins out there
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda It was one of those things you keep for just in case. It came from a door hinge I had laying around. Common pins are 3" long x 15/64" diameter.

On edit: 3" should be 3 1/2"
                  Last edited by TedS; 03-22-2023, 06:08 PM.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                    Yoda It was one of those things you keep for just in case. It came from a door hinge I had laying around. Common pins are 3" long x 15/64" diameter.

On edit: 3" should be 3 1/2"
                    Thanks Ted
                    My local ACE seems to have a good hardware selection, but I can now search to web too but we all know how that goes.
                    Safe travels my friend.
                    Keith
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, I'm going to suggest a can of worms for you, please post the results.

M6X75(?) Chicago bolt or 1/4X3" Chicago bolt and loctite. You will need to confirm the dimensions.

I wonder if the Chicago bolt is hollow all the way through similar to a wet bolt and could be strategically drilled to allow for grease.

I'm going hide under a rock to avoid the flying debris for the suggestion.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                        Yoda Keith, I'm going to suggest a can of worms for you, please post the results.

M6X75(?) Chicago bolt or 1/4X3" Chicago bolt and loctite. You will need to confirm the dimensions.

I wonder if the Chicago bolt is hollow all the way through similar to a wet bolt and could be strategically drilled to allow for grease.

I'm going hide under a rock to avoid the flying debris for the suggestion.
                        LOL You made me look up Chicago bolt - now I know what they are, until I forget down the road . So far my door hinges are fine, just wanted parts on hand. I am adding the inspection to my to-do list, I usually hit them with WD 40 once in a while along with the locks. No need to hide - well - mmmm Yet I do have a large assortment of drift/roller pins though - need to see if I have a temporary replacement. Most of the connections on my hay baler uses them.

Thanks Keith

Comment

We had the bottom pin sheer off on our utility door for our 353G three months ago. Had exchanged emails with GD to try and work a replacement or fix. I’ll have to search for some of the part numbers provided since a regular pin would likely drop with the pin being on the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                          X