No announcement yet.

Height of RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as we’re suggesting things to buy I carry one of these (Bosch Blaze Pro 165' Laser Distance Measure GLM165-40 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076C3TB8P..._hp4-DbWCMKW2P). Mine is a bit different, but I find it much easier than dangling off a ladder with a tape measure. Again I didn’t get it for this, had it already, but it’s great for measuring long distances like the total rig length.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Moderator note--moved thread from "Ask Grand Design" channel to "Exterior" channel. -Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

You can make your own measuring and check stick using PVC.

Start with an 8 foot long - 2" dia piece (whatever you can carry length wise). This is for stiffness of the assembly. If I was making this I would go sch 80 for this section. Then get a 2" to 1" or 3/4" reducer so you can add the top section - friction fit. Use the 1" or 3/4"dia Sch 40 to get to the needed height as you measured using your lazer level or 2x4. Once you have the height cut the top piece to length and paint the end a bright color. Then you can assemble and use this to check things in campgrounds, etc. No gluing should be needed as the reducer joints should work as a friction fit.

Hope this helps
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X