Exterior Storage Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Storage Tubes

Inspired by an outstanding TucsonJim post I (mostly) finished two storage bins today. One bin is for my ladder and the other will be for the flagpole I want to get.

Jim's thread is here if you'd like to read it: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...under-your-rig

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bin1.JPG Views:	235 Size:	327.8 KB ID:	9210

Click image for larger version  Name:	bins 2.JPG Views:	199 Size:	152.9 KB ID:	9211

Instead of typing it all out I recorded the results, so if you'd like to see details you're going to have to suffer through ~4 minutes of my yapping.

Last edited by howson; 12-02-2020, 09:06 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

I did something similar. Mine are adjacent, then I cut out a piece of the adjoining walls. Now my oversized fittings and Y store easily.

Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Comment

Cleaned up a few things today. I added 1" Black Furniture Tips to the aluminum bar ends to seal off the tube from bugs, dirt, etc and it also makes it look better. I also added 5/16-18 Well Nuts to the bottom of the threaded rod to protect my noggin. The well nut is soft rubber, so when (not if) my head collides with the rod I shouldn't hurt (too much).

Click image for larger version

Name:	WellNuts.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	9258
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X