RVLock Installation on a 315RLTS' Underbed Storage Baggage Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVLock Installation on a 315RLTS' Underbed Storage Baggage Door

Yep. I replaced the OEM's lock with an RVLock Baggage Door lock.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Baggage Doors.JPG Views:	250 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	9314

The first question is always, "Why?" Quick answer is no more fumbling with multiple keys. I don't even need a key anymore! Check out this video (its very short) to see what I mean:

For a blow-by-blow on how I accomplished this project, see the attached PDF.

Any questions--fire away.

-Howard

RVLock Installation on a 315RLTS Underbed Storage Baggage Door_Reduced Size.pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 12-02-2020, 09:01 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Howard -

Who are you trying to fool? That's not even the same trailer. Look at that color difference!

All joking aside, nice work!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
      Howard -

Who are you trying to fool? That's not even the same trailer. Look at that color difference!

All joking aside, nice work!
      That's the difference between the light in the morning and the light just before sundown. (I took my time!)

Thanks for the compliment--I was pleased at how well it turned out. What I didn't include in the original post is I bought an additional door from GD (it's in my shed)...just in case. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with that extra baggage door...
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I'm sure you'll think of something.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with that extra baggage door...
          I'll see if my BIL Ken wants it !

Dan

Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

howson

Howard,

This is excellent work as usual and I'm very interested in doing this. One question....in cutting the opening for the lock to slide into the door frame, did you seal this somehow from water intrusion?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
              One question....in cutting the opening for the lock to slide into the door frame, did you seal this somehow from water intrusion?
              No, I didn't. Wasn't intentional to not do it nor did I even consider adding any sealant. Probably because there wasn't a requirement for additional sealant in the instructions for the slam latch door locks I'd previously installed.

I really like being able to hit one button on the remote and having all three storage doors unlock or lock. A separate button locks or unlocks the entry door. Very convenient.

Comment

Howard, thanks for that pdf. That walk-thru is pretty much what I had imagined, except for your fix for the gap in the body wall. Appreciate the work you did here, I'll get into this project soon.........Paul/Vagabond
                Paul & LInda
                Transcend 200MK
                F-150 4wd CrewCab 3.5 Ecoboost
                Andersen equalizer

Comment

Working...
                X