• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning material problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220828_135027.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	93528 I'm not sure how long this black tubing has been sticking out from the the awning fabric (horizontal thin tube at very left edge of awning material in the attached photo,) nor if it's getting worse (protruding from the end of the awning,) each time I extend/retract. I'll be paying attention now.

​​​​​​​Anyone know if this is "normal?" And if not, any idea how big of a problem it is? As in do I try to get it repaired in the two weeks we have before departing on a month plus long trip?
    Mike and Rebecca
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
    2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

The black tube is installed inside the awning material so it stays in the track that is fastened to the camper wall. The forward end should have a screw through the track and the cord. You do not want to lose this cord, the fabric will pull out of the track.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers , thanks for giving me an opportunity to also try my collapsible ladder! I took some extra pics - it appears the plastic tube in question actually secures the LED light strip to the awning fabric. Not the fabric to the trailer. And judging by the pic from the front end, it appears the tube is flush with the front end of the LED light strip. Maybe this excess at the rear end has been here the whole time and I didn't notice before now. It sure helps to spend a lot of time in your rig to spot all these things!

Mike and Rebecca
      2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
      2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

Hi Mike,

It looks like the tube coming out the aft end of the light bar goes inside a fabric loop that secures the light bar to the awning fabric. (a curious way of fastening the light bar to the awning fabric rather than the side of the trailer). I would try pushing the plastic tube back into the fabric tube/loop and then figure out what is supposed to keep it there.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X