cook stove outside vent cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cook stove outside vent cover

Hi I just noticed that I have a missing piece on my outside vent cover for the stove, I believe there should be a screen or flap to block out animals, insects, etcc from coming in. Can I get just the missing piece or new vent cover assembly? Never put one on fairly easy? Had 2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB.
    Thanks
    2020 Transcend 221RB

Originally posted by eagledad View Post
    Hi I just noticed that I have a missing piece on my outside vent cover for the stove, I believe there should be a screen or flap to block out animals, insects, etcc from coming in. Can I get just the missing piece or new vent cover assembly? Never put one on fairly easy? Had 2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB.
    Thanks
    They break pretty easily. My GD does not have one, but my old trailer did and at that time you had to replace the whole thing. Pretty easy as I recall, remove the old, clean the surface and butyl tape around the new. Dip the screws in either butyl tape or some silicone before driving them to wateproof the holes.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

The key to keeping these vent door flaps from "going missing" is to latch them closed before travelling. Ask me how I know this . . . .

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, too bad they are like 40' off the ground. I do try to latch mine when I know it's not going to be used for a while (guessing you mean to press it into the rubber plugs to hold it closed).

OP, I removed and replaced the one on my previous 5er (non GD unit)b/c of numerous other leaking issues I found with their method of install. Not too bad, remove the screws, patiently ply on the old one till it comes off, clean clean clean, the follow a Neil says.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Cate&Rob Rob, too bad they are like 40' off the ground. I do try to latch mine when I know it's not going to be used for a while (guessing you mean to press it into the rubber plugs to hold it closed).
          Hi Joseph,

Mine has plastic twist latches on each side, to hold the flapper closed. I can just barely reach these by standing on my toes, to latch or unlatch the door.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks, if have to buy new set up are they pretty muck all same size or need to order to trailer model? With out that flap closed is there coming in from that? My Man thought was a bird trying to make a nest. Do they make screens like goes around heater for those as
            well?
            2020 Transcend 221RB

Comment

Most are a standard size but there are differences. If you find a name on the one that you have or find it on GD parts lookup, link at top of page, you may be able to get the exact one and just replace the flapper, I believe it just snaps into place, without removing the whole component.

Here is one that may be similar to what you have Amazon.com: Gekufa RV Range Hood Vent Cover Black, RV Stove Vent Cover/RV Exhaust Vent Cover (Include 10 Pcs Screws) : Automotive

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
              X