Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the compartment locks with door locks

Hello

I never understood why there are different keys for the people doors and the compartment doors. Is there some rationale for that, or is it just that it's always been like that?

Anyway, in the winter my compartment locks got filled with dirty salt, and are absolutely impossible to clean out. Luckily I kept the compartments unlocked.

Since I need to replace the compartment locks anyway: can I just put a style of lock there to match the lock on the door? As it is now: the keys are not the same type.

And if yes: how would I get the locks keyed the same?

I would probably even be willing to replace the door lock as well, just to get rid of the extra key.

Thanks in advance.
    2021 Transcend 247BH

Hi

i replaced my entry door and a couple of baggage doors with RVLOCKS keyless locks that come with both keys and fobs, as well as keyless. All can be keyed the same. Not inexpensive, but one of the first thing i did with my new Reflection. Not inexpensive but a good investment. They are always having a sale of one sort or another. Last sale they had was 30% off i think so thats when i replaced the baggage compartments. Worth the wait..
    Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
    RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
    PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Several people here have used https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/CLB-Cam-Lock-Barrel to source the cam style locks. IIRC you can get them keyed just about any way you would like. Figure out what the door lock brand is and look for the cam locks with that key.

It was that the door locks were made by one company and the cam locks by another. If you have the generic key set of about 10 different keys (really think its 3) that are something like 751, 752, etc you can probably unlock just about any camper storage compartment with a cam lock in a campground.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll have a look at those.
        2021 Transcend 247BH

Comment

My compartment and people doors share the same lock? My last camper (non GD bunkhouse) did too. I would think that would be a standard now.
          2020 GD 320G
          2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Working...
          X