grab handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grab handle

I have a 2020 momentum 320G i want to add a lend a hand grab handle to match the front door on the rear entry door. Is there backing there to mount it like the front or should i call GD first ??

howson Country Campers Cate&Rob

Can one of you gents please check the data package and see if there is an EGS backer by the rear door?

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. Welcome to the forum Gbaker. We're glad you found us.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Gbaker View Post
      I have a 2020 momentum 320G i want to add a lend a hand grab handle to match the front door on the rear entry door. Is there backing there to mount it like the front or should i call GD first ??
      Based on what I can see--no. But I've sent TucsonJim a copy to review my findings for confirmation.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ok thanks guys so i will assume at this point i cannot safely add the grab handle to the second entrance door

Comment

Originally posted by Gbaker View Post
          ok thanks guys so i will assume at this point i cannot safely add the grab handle to the second entrance door
          Being as the door is the entrance to the garage could you use bolts to go completely thru the wall and put large washers on the inside?
          This may be and easy fix. Make the inside look nice with some painted washers or even a 1/8" thick steel plate might be ok.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

OK thanks for that idea Brian we just bought it and are going to Florida in a few days for 3 months i will look into that option i should have time to investigate options and thanks for everyone's help and ideas

Comment

Another option would be to cut an access hole through the inside wall panel into the wall cavity and then install the backing you need in the wall cavity. Replace the cut out in the paneling and repair with some matching wallpaper/contact paper (maybe from GD?). Of course if the access hole falls below the top of the metal protective base that will do an even better job of hiding the patch.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
              X