Trailer cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer cover

Does anyone have experience using a protective cover on your RV to prevent sun damage? Are there any cons with these. Will they build up heat underneath to cause any damage?

Originally posted by Sully View Post
    Does anyone have experience using a protective cover on your RV to prevent sun damage? Are there any cons with these. Will they build up heat underneath to cause any damage?
    See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterior/3323-camper-cover

Guest responds in that thread and is one of our most experienced members on this topic.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Wind and flapping is the only issue to be concerned about........imo.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

When I owned a crossroads, they don't recommend you to use a cover. It might void the warranty.
        USN Engineer Retired
        2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
        2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Search on “flapping covers” (search tool in the upper right corner) to find several discussions on what is necessary to prevent damage from a flapping cover, punctures from rain gutter spouts, fit across the roof, getting the cover on/off, etc.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

We used a sunbrella cover from Calmark Cover Co which worked perfectly for us 5 Michigan winters. Its a custom cover which fits tight so there is no flapping or abrasion. It is expensive where we spent $900 delivered to us in 2016 where I'm certain it is much more expensive today.
            For those interested in using a cover, I used swimming pool storage pillows on the roof of the rig and under the cover to form a small peak. This would allow snow to quickly melt and run off and to prevent pooling water. Pipe insulation cut at 8 inches and taped to the gutters will prevent issues with the cover.

There is a detailed measurement sheet to send them where the fit is only as good as the measurement, so measure carefully. I will dig up a photo when I have a chance since this topic comes up from time to time.

We have moved where the rig is now stored in a three sided pavilion. I am thinking of using the cover once again in the winter since the front of the rig is open to the elements.

https://calmarkcovers.com/

Jim
            Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2022, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X