Morryde extending hand rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morryde extending hand rail

I have seen YouTube's on the new extending handrail Morryde is coming out with. Anyone know where you can get one or when they might be generally available?
    SATA Adventurers
    Steve and Tina
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

A friend of mine picked one up at the Hershey RV Show. I am not sure when they will be available, check with Morryde but I think it should be soon.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I picked one up when I was at Morryde a couple weeks ago. Their cost was $175 installed. We got it for 2 reasons.

It extends all the way to the bottom of the stairs so my MIL can get in easier when she camps with us.
      I can open the door without having a grab handle in the way. This is helpful for where I keep it stored. Limited room makes it easier to load/unload like this.

They said they are waiting for packaging before they can sell to the public.

They also had a handle that extends down to open the door easier. It's a little janky looking, but makes opening the door 100x easier. No more dancing on the top steps to get the door open. We passed because I didn't care for how it looked on the camper.
      2020 GD 320G
      2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyB View Post
        It extends all the way to the bottom of the stairs so my MIL can get in easier when she camps with us.
        I can open the door without having a grab handle in the way. This is helpful for where I keep it stored. Limited room makes it easier to load/unload like this.
        Please post some pics of the new handle installed on your rig.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Please post some pics of the new handle installed on your rig.
          It stays shut by magnet.
          Attached Files
          2020 GD 320G
          2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

How is the lateral/side-to-side stability of this rail?

I installed the SC Lend-A-Hand Extended Assist Rail and, as howson noted in a previous thread, it is wobbly. So much so that my sister had a tumble off the side of the steps. I re-installed the smaller OE Lend-A- Hand which seems to have less movement.

Mike
            Mike & Sonya
            2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
            Blue Ox SwayPro
            2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post

How is the lateral/side-to-side stability of this rail?

I installed the SC Lend-A-Hand Extended Assist Rail and, as howson noted in a previous thread, it is wobbly. So much so that my sister had a tumble off the side of the steps. I re-installed the smaller OE Lend-A- Hand which seems to have less movement.

Mike
              I get 1" of movement from resting position and pushing it over. This is at the end of the railing.
              2020 GD 320G
              2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

I get 1" of movement from resting position and pushing it over. This is at the end of the railing.
                That is pretty amazing. Just by looking at the design one would think that it would be pretty easy to move/bend front left to right. It must be built well.

Thanks, for sharing.

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I heard back from Morryde. Here is what they said.

Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, I was waiting on some information. Those are now available for sale directly through us by calling 574-293-1581 and asking for parts. Our website still says “coming soon” because we are working through our contact list of people we had requesting one when they were available and wanted to make sure they had a chance to purchase those. You would be able to purchase one over the phone. Please make sure you have gone through the qualifier on our website to make sure that this will fit prior to purchasing. The current pricing on those is $179.99 each, plus shipping.

https://www.morryde.com/products/safe-t-rail/

Please let us know if you have any questions. I hope you have a great day!

Hope this helps someone else.
                  SATA Adventurers
                  Steve and Tina
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS
                  2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

Working...
                  X