No announcement yet.

Roof cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just up on my Travel Trailer Roof and I see it lifting and bubbling also. Is there someone I can have look at it that is a trusted Gra d Design maintainer? I in Unicoi Springs Campground just outside of Helen in north Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahatfield View Post
      I was just up on my Travel Trailer Roof and I see it lifting and bubbling also. Is there someone I can have look at it that is a trusted Gra d Design maintainer? I in Unicoi Springs Campground just outside of Helen in north Georgia.
      Welcome to the forum -- if you have a moment please fill out your signature line (info in Welcome Letter which is linked off the home page).

Check with the campground office regarding local trusted RV technicians. If your camper is under warranty, be aware that approval from GD is required if reimbursement for the inspection is expected. Be prepared to pay the entire bill and then wait for reimbursement from GD if they approve. At minimum the "service fee" (for the technician to come to you) will be on your dime.

If possible, post pictures of the concern here as there are multiple very experienced folks here who can advise on the urgency of the issue.

Again, welcome!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sahatfield Our GD Imagine was less than three years old and still under warranty. The first step we took was to call Grand Design Customer Service. They gave us a list of affiliated RV dealers that were GD approved. At the time we noticed the roof separation we were in Florida and GD recommended Lazy Days. Because Lazy Days was three months out on appointments, we ended up scheduling inspection and repair for Tucson. It took two visits to Lazy Days where we had to leave the trailer for a couple days. The first visit was for inspection and assessment for warranty work. Then, two weeks later we scheduled a two day appointment for the work.

My first thoughts were the entire roof needed to be replaced. In the end the diagnosis was that the roof membrane was cut too sort during original installation. The end solution was to add a 4" plate across the front cap and lap both the cap and original roof membrane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof membrane.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	113753
        Al & Ann
        F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
        Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Working...
        X