Best product to wax my imagine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobinICT View Post
    I'm a former aviation guy and as far as I'm concerned, if it's good for the fly boys and girls, it's good for me.

https://washwax.com/pages/rv-waterle...h-wash-wax-all
    Looks great, Gonna give it a shot. How about your roof, do you use anything special on that?

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      I'll start a war but the best oil and filters are what your vehicle was developed on. Tens of thousands of hours are spent in the dynamometer, then in vehicles under every perceived condition before its sold to the public. However as long as the oil meets the recommended SAE viscosity and is API certified, the oil should be ok to use.

We never waxed any vehicle in development but for salable cars if a newbie sprayed those shiny treatments inside the vehicle, it was a big sin since it changes the appearance of the interior forever. I use Maguiar's interior cleaner that does not make the panels shiny. Some like shiny though and that's just fine.

Jim
      I just bought and used the meguiars detail towels this week. They are great!!
      Scott & Mikaela
      2022 375 RES
      2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

I have only used Was Wax All since I bought my 303rls in 2018. It’s so easy to use I typically do a basic soap and water wash every 3 months and inspect roof and anyplace that needs sealant. Then apply the wash wax all, keeps decals looking good and leaves a protective layer to shield from UV. While on the road the other six months a year I use it once as a waterless wash to help protect rig from big splatters and road grime. It’s difficult to find campgrounds that allow water use even if you offer to pay extra to wash an RV.

I bought the kit that includes the microfiber towels and the pívot head. I use a standard telescoping pole for the head, no need for a ladder.
        Vivian
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
        Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
          I have only used Was Wax All since I bought my 303rls in 2018. It’s so easy to use I typically do a basic soap and water wash every 3 months and inspect roof and anyplace that needs sealant. Then apply the wash wax all, keeps decals looking good and leaves a protective layer to shield from UV. While on the road the other six months a year I use it once as a waterless wash to help protect rig from big splatters and road grime. It’s difficult to find campgrounds that allow water use even if you offer to pay extra to wash an RV.

I bought the kit that includes the microfiber towels and the pívot head. I use a standard telescoping pole for the head, no need for a ladder.
          I've got a gallon of Wash Wax All on order. Looking forward to trying it. So apparently it's OK to apply it to decals??
          2020 Reflection 273MK
          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

I've got a gallon of Wash Wax All on order. Looking forward to trying it. So apparently it's OK to apply it to decals??

The reason I started using it was because it was safe to use on decals. I about ruined the decals on a previous unit by using a marine wax that was apparently not safe for decals. With the kit they sell I can wax the rig in a couple of hours, you can use on windows and plastic trim safely. I even use it on the skylight dome in the shower.
            Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
            Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

The reason I started using it was because it was safe to use on decals. I about ruined the decals on a previous unit by using a marine wax that was apparently not safe for decals. With the kit they sell I can wax the rig in a couple of hours, you can use on windows and plastic trim safely. I even use it on the skylight dome in the shower.
              Yes marine wax in most cases is abrasive in order to remove oxidation and grime from gelcoat. If a wax is described as a mirror glaze, cleaner wax or polish, it could be harmful to decals since they contain mild abrasives. The wax may also contain petroleum products. I inquired with Maguiars over concerns with decals since the wash and wax contains some petroleum products. They informed me the small amount of petroleum product was to emulsify the wash and wax and was not strong enough to harm decals.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post

This Wash/Wax/All stuff really has to be tried to be believed. I bought some last year for use on an airplane, but I use it on cars also, and will use it on the RV. It's available on Amazon for convenience.

It is by far the best stuff I've ever used - spray it on as though you were cleaning a window with Windex. Wipe it around with a microfiber cloth until it is basically dried. Done - surfaces are more slippery than any wax I've used. I use it on both the airplane's windscreen and the cars windshield. It sheds water from a windscreen just like Rain-X does, only infinitely easier to apply. Bugs come off the leading edges of the plane well, so it should be equally good for the front of an RV in this regard.

I don't really have a data point for longevity in weather, but I think it does well.
                Based on your post I tried it on my day driver windshield. Completely impressed. Did all the windows on the trailer. World of difference. Water just sheds off like it was never there during a rain. Noticed touching the skin of the rig wet, feels like it’s been oiled. Did The windshield and side windows of the tow truck. Same result. We’ve been in some rain the last few days traveling. Fly boys and girls know the good stuff. This stuff is a keeper.
                Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
                TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Working...
                X