UnderBelly Tire damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dude View Post
    Will finally got some decent weather and was able to get the plates put in the wheel wells and repack and inspect the brakes. While repacking the bearing I couldn’t believe how much grease was in these hubs. All four seals showed grease getting by. But only one wheel had some grease on the magnet. Thank goodness.
    was glad to get these plates installed. My mind still isn’t settle on putting screws through the bottle on the slide side. Even though I used 3/4” screws I’m scared it’s going to get into the slide floor. I think I’m going to hook the batterie back up and slide it out to make sure. Am I worrying for nothing?

Thin gauge metal plates,coated with por15 (best stuff ever) sealed with flex seal and then finished with a bed liner coat.
    This is really nice work! I also like your sealing method as well.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
      Will finally got some decent weather and was able to get the plates put in the wheel wells and repack and inspect the brakes. While repacking the bearing I couldn’t believe how much grease was in these hubs. All four seals showed grease getting by. But only one wheel had some grease on the magnet. Thank goodness.
      was glad to get these plates installed. My mind still isn’t settle on putting screws through the bottle on the slide side. Even though I used 3/4” screws I’m scared it’s going to get into the slide floor. I think I’m going to hook the batterie back up and slide it out to make sure. Am I worrying for nothing?

Thin gauge metal plates,coated with por15 (best stuff ever) sealed with flex seal and then finished with a bed liner coat.
      Nice job. If I may ask what gauge or thickness metal did you end up using?. On edit - which por15 product did you use the runs coating or chassis top coat or other https://www.amazon.com/s?k=por+15&hv...l_6kux01ussg_e

Thanks
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Nice job. If I may ask what gauge or thickness metal did you end up using?. On edit - which por15 product did you use the runs coating or chassis top coat or other https://www.amazon.com/s?k=por+15&hv...l_6kux01ussg_e

Thanks
        Keith
        I used 10gauge from Home Depot. Here’s the link for the coating. A little bit goes a long way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J2...b_b_asin_image
        2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Comment

Working...
        X