Dell 17" XPS laptop for travel and Victron communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Yeah to keep cost and weight down they've been removing them for a while. Most everything gets loaded via download now or you have to get an external drive. Get one that's USB C to who'd a adapter.

Limited-time deal: External DVD Drive, Amicool USB 3.0 Type-C CD DVD +/-RW Optical Drive USB C Burner Slim CD/DVD ROM Rewriter Writer Reader Portable for PC Laptop Desktop MacBook Mac Windows 7/8.1/10 Linux OS Apple https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PV958PN...XCTK2HJ2QCZ6EZ
    Thanks Neil Is there one that plays blue ray too? We have a few movies in that format. I was going to look at my trailer TV today to see what inputs it has to see if it is possible to use the laptop to play movies or show pictures.

Thanks for the help folks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

Yoda sure here's one that had a bunch of reviews, no personal experience. Been forever since I tried blue ray on a PC or laptop the software used to be tricky to get it to work back in the day, might be better now. I've switched to digital copies or streaming.

External Blu Ray CD DVD Drive 3D, USB 3.0 and Type USB C Bluray DVD CD RW Row Burner Player Compatible for MacBook OS Windows 7 8 10 PC (Grey) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M9FWXBF...R5N3W619JQVX67
      Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28bh
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
        Yoda sure here's one that had a bunch of reviews, no personal experience. Been forever since I tried blue ray on a PC or laptop the software used to be tricky to get it to work back in the day, might be better now. I've switched to digital copies or streaming.

External Blu Ray CD DVD Drive 3D, USB 3.0 and Type USB C Bluray DVD CD RW Row Burner Player Compatible for MacBook OS Windows 7 8 10 PC (Grey) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M9FWXBF...R5N3W619JQVX67
        One other dumb question. If it says windows 10 is it compatible with Windows 11?
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

One other dumb question. If it says windows 10 is it compatible with Windows 11?
          Pretty sure thats the case. I have not upgraded any of our systems to 11 yet, (medical runs way behind the rest of the world), but my understanding is its backwards compatible.
          Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28bh
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I've been satisfied with Lenovo Ideapad that I bought at Office Depot, Durango. Like most, no cd/DVD drawer. 15" not 17". And not terribly expensive. Replaced my 17" hp pavilion when it's screen failed.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
            X