Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydraulic lift table - FedX did thier best - NOT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic lift table - FedX did thier best - NOT!

Well Rob made me do it Cate&Rob
    Zoro had a good coupon and the big surprise was free shipping, so I ordered a dual scissor lift table. Raised Height- 62.4 in
    https://www.zoro.com/eoslift-tad35-7...35/i/G7176618/ Price has gone up $50 and now there is a shipping surcharge

Anyway the package arrived today
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779s.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	81913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780s.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	81914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0782s.jpg
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	81915
    FedX did a wonderful job.

I haven't fully unpacked yet, but when I contacted Zoro.com and they got back to me in an hour and will make it right, Refund, replacement, or another 15% off. It was cold and raining today when I unloaded it so will unpack tomorrow. I think everything is there - nothing bent that I can see so far. The cart had broken through the pallet base, so I need to check the casters carefully. The box is the cheep Chinese cardboard that you can rip apart easily.

Any thought on what to carefully look for?

Also I tried to refuse delivery, gut the FedX driver (young kid that had a hard time with English and my Spanish is lousy) said I had to take it - then take it up with thier customer service department. Must be new or the kid was wrong. I am not worried as Zoro has taken good care of me in the past.

Thanks Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Hi Keith,

These things are pretty tough. If nothing appears bent and the table goes up and down smoothly . . . you are probably OK. Good idea to also check that it rolls smoothly on its casters.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Looks like they pulled it out of the box, used it, then put it back. They may have played forklift hockey with it also.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        Looks like they pulled it out of the box, used it, then put it back. They may have played forklift hockey with it also.
        LOL I remember a video of guys racing fork lifts around a new empty warehouse until one ran his through one of the support columns.

I don't think it has been out of the box as the casters are buried into the pallet and all of the strapping still is intact from what I can tell. I also ripped the top cover of the box open to check inside. Ill know more tomorrow - supposed to be sunny.

Thanks
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

Looks damaged. Sad that folks are this careless.

Jim
          2017 Imagine 2600RB
          2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
            Well Rob made me do it Cate&Rob
            Zoro had a good coupon and the big surprise was free shipping, so I ordered a dual scissor lift table. Raised Height- 62.4 in
            https://www.zoro.com/eoslift-tad35-7...35/i/G7176618/ Price has gone up $50 and now there is a shipping surcharge

Anyway the package arrived today

Name:	IMG_0779s.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	81913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780s.jpg
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	81914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0782s.jpg
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	81915
            FedX did a wonderful job.

I haven't fully unpacked yet, but when I contacted Zoro.com and they got back to me in an hour and will make it right, Refund, replacement, or another 15% off. It was cold and raining today when I unloaded it so will unpack tomorrow. I think everything is there - nothing bent that I can see so far. The cart had broken through the pallet base, so I need to check the casters carefully. The box is the cheep Chinese cardboard that you can rip apart easily.

Any thought on what to carefully look for?

Also I tried to refuse delivery, gut the FedX driver (young kid that had a hard time with English and my Spanish is lousy) said I had to take it - then take it up with thier customer service department. Must be new or the kid was wrong. I am not worried as Zoro has taken good care of me in the past.

Thanks Keith

I had a box of oil that Fedex tried to deliver last fall. The box was soaked and as soon as the driver stepped out of the truck I told him to turn around and put it back. He tried to say something similar about me having to take it and I quickly shut that down. They know that if they can dump it off on you then its your problem, if they take it back with them then it is theirs to resolve. I have been to that dance too many times.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Looks like a neat little table. What are your plans for it? Like...what do you need to lift? All the hydraulic stuff I have lifts vehicles or presses out bearings and u-joints.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              2021 Reflection 303RLS, Haloview RD7, Strong-arms, Micro-Air364

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                Looks like a neat little table. What are your plans for it? Like...what do you need to lift? All the hydraulic stuff I have lifts vehicles or presses out bearings and u-joints.
                Several things planed. Getting hitch into truck, lifting lawn mower for service, general work table that can be adjusted for height. When I put the shop in the garage it can lit cabinets up to install. It can be my tool candy for work on the trailer putting my tool box at a comfortable height without me having to bend over. It also lifts high enough it can be used as a side table for my table saw for holding up big sheets of plywood. I am planning ti use it when I rebuild my hay mower to hold parts. I was going to put a couple big super magnets under the top to capture the nuts and bolts I take out to change the knives. I am sure I can find other uses.

Keith
                Last edited by Yoda; 04-14-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post

I had a box of oil that Fedex tried to deliver last fall. The box was soaked and as soon as the driver stepped out of the truck I told him to turn around and put it back. He tried to say something similar about me having to take it and I quickly shut that down. They know that if they can dump it off on you then its your problem, if they take it back with them then it is theirs to resolve. I have been to that dance too many times.
                  I did the same with a load of aluminum decking. Company called and said I need to accept it and file a claim. Told them to file a claim and send me undamaged product.

Jim
                  2017 Imagine 2600RB
                  2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

I had FedEx or UPS drop off a box of oil while not at home. Called the supplier (Amsoil) explained to them what was going on. Customer Service rep was super nice and told me to supply some pictures. They replaced the products that were leaking and also told me that the shippers were not supposed to deliver leaking boxes. It was quite obvious the shipper knew something was wrong as they put the box in a plastic bag.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      I had FedEx or UPS drop off a box of oil while not at home. Called the supplier (Amsoil) explained to them what was going on. Customer Service rep was super nice and told me to supply some pictures. They replaced the products that were leaking and also told me that the shippers were not supposed to deliver leaking boxes. It was quite obvious the shipper knew something was wrong as they put the box in a plastic bag.
                      Almost identical thing happened to me. Amzoil stepped up and replaced with no issue.
                      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS, Haloview RD7, Strong-arms, Micro-Air364

Comment

All is well.

Zoro gave me another 20% off. Their customer service is excellent. A trick I have learned is get on thier mail list as they are always sending out coupons - up to 25% on occasion. Normally 15% to 20%. Their normal pricing is OK too and sometimes free shipping. I initially used a 20% one.

I got it put together. I must say this is a beast and appears well built - even for china. Esolift is actually a German company if I read thier web site correctly. Assembly was straight forward. Only 3 things to attach - foot pump handle. Cart handle and release cable. the cable had a pre-bent area so you knew where to place it.

Name:	IMG_0785s.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	82006 No damage to swivel locking casters. The release tab (center) that pushes on the brass cylinder relief button was slightly wedge at first due to sitting on the pallet.

Name:	IMG_0786s.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	82007 Fixed casters good too.

Name:	IMG_0788s.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	82008 Jack peddle and release cable attached

Name:	IMG_0789s.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	82009
                        And it works. I am missing the instructions, but called Esolift.com and talked to a live person. Louis is sending them out tomorrow.

So now to put it to work. Its heavy, and bulky but handles well with the 5" casters.

Keith

Comment

Heavy and bulky, eh? I fit that description. Cept I have 6 inch casters.
                          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Cate&Rob ata-cke-saved-href="#" href="#" class="b-bbcode-user b-bbcode-user--has-avatar js-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user--userid5" style="background-image: url("https://gdrvowners.com/core/image.php?userid=5&thumb=1&dateline=1558712451");" >Cate&Rob TE=DarnDave;n82031]Heavy and bulky, eh? I fit that description. Cept I have 6 inch casters.[/QUOTE]

LOL - If it works does size matter?

To me it works and a seller and the manufacture want customers happy.

The future will tell. Thanks Rob Cate&Rob You were correct on the build I can live with a few paint scratches.

Keith

Comment

Keith,

What is the lift table primarily used for?

Jim
                              2017 Imagine 2600RB
                              2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X