Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydraulic lift table - FedX did thier best - NOT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Keith,

What is the lift table primarily used for?

Jim
    See post #8. But I thought of a new use if I take the big handle off. . It will fit under the trailer, so if I ever need to reinstall the coroplast I can use it to lift a large section to make re-screwing the edges easier. Today It will be a work table beside my table saw. I am installing 3/4" hickory flooring and need to make some blind splines and rip cuts. Having the wood right there at table saw height will ease my back pain, - anything to save my bending over and lifting heavy things.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

Awesome Keith. I figured this may also be good for loading a generator and other items into the bed of the truck.

Sorry to hear of the back pain. I can relate.

Jim
      2017 Imagine 2600RB
      2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
        Awesome Keith. I figured this may also be good for loading a generator and other items into the bed of the truck.

Sorry to hear of the back pain. I can relate.

Jim
        Your a genius - I forgot about my 2 Honda 2000i generators and getting them in the truck. The table top is big enough I can move both from storage and lift both at the same time.

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

MidwestCamper Yoda

Having a strong "variable height" table has many uses in the workshop plus getting things in and out of the truck. I also have a ramp that goes from lowest table height down to the floor. So, heavy things on a furniture dolly can be rolled up on to the lift table. Raised to truck bed or workbench height and rolled off the table (or vice versa) with no lifting.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            MidwestCamper Yoda

Having a strong "variable height" table has many uses in the workshop plus getting things in and out of the truck. I also have a ramp that goes from lowest table height down to the floor. So, heavy things on a furniture dolly can be rolled up on to the lift table. Raised to truck bed or workbench height and rolled off the table (or vice versa) with no lifting.

Rob
            There you go again - a new ramp project. Ill add that to my long round-to-it list

Keith

Comment

I think I just need to buy a bigger place, build a large metal building for all the stuff, and get a forklift.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                I think I just need to buy a bigger place, build a large metal building for all the stuff, and get a forklift.
                I have a pneumatic/hydraulic cherry picker that works well. As we age, having tools to do the lifting really helps.

Jim
                2017 Imagine 2600RB
                2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  My dad always told me when talking about building a work shop " start with 50 x 100 and add on from there", sounds big but if I had space and cash I would have built bigger than I did.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
                  2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

Country Campers I want a 40X80 to start, but I have plans in my head for it to be single lean roof, 1st addition makes it 80x80.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X