A positive thread about a dealer.....yayyyy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A positive thread about a dealer.....yayyyy

called back on Feb 3rd for an appointment for inspection for April 11th. I was shocked it was already almost full already. But I was in for 12:30

Fast forward to the 11th and we pulled up early (just in case they were ahead). I had literally just received my fridge recall from a friend picking up our mail and meeting us
    on route.

Brought the recall in when checking in for the inspection and was pleasantly surprised by the service advisor Rod James' help in getting that done as well. Mine was fine with no wires anywhere near the burner but the put 2 zip ties onto the 110 wire for stronger support.

Hats off to the Tom Schaeffer team.

And great catching up with you Steve!
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

This thread can grow on recommended dealers...hopefully.

General RV in Wixom MI is also an excellent dealer.

Jim
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Took the 303 in for the recall yesterday. Got there just before 8 (they technically don't open till 9) check in at 8:30, one before me. Done by 11 and ready to roll.

Service writer said nothing found, but did add a few supports. They don't pull the ref completely out. Tech slides it forward about 18" then goes in through the outside vent and does the work.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I took delivery of 2 trailers through General in Wixom. I had an issue with the tires on our 2600RB when I got it home and I have to say that the tech and the supposed "service manager" were completely incompetent. Fortunately GD and Lions head got me squared away no thanks to General.
        Their Birch run store is a hot mess, I couldnt begin to type enough about how bad they are. We walked away from a 337RLS in May 2020 during a PDI (had the check in my pocket) and never looked back.
        We bought our 2nd GD trailer despite General not because of them. If we ever buy another it will likely be out of state.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
          I took delivery of 2 trailers through General in Wixom. I had an issue with the tires on our 2600RB when I got it home and I have to say that the tech and the supposed "service manager" were completely incompetent. Fortunately GD and Lions head got me squared away no thanks to General.
          Their Birch run store is a hot mess, I couldnt begin to type enough about how bad they are. We walked away from a 337RLS in May 2020 during a PDI (had the check in my pocket) and never looked back.
          We bought our 2nd GD trailer despite General not because of them. If we ever buy another it will likely be out of state.
          Guess I was lucky. When my wall was delaminating they did a great repair. Then when another area was delaminating, GDRV installed a new wall. General RV worked on my slide and one time came out to my home. GDRV also took a crack at it but it turned out to be a failing motor so I replaced it myself. I ended up with a great price from General RV as well. The service writer I had is no longer there but I am also no longer in Michigan. Sadly there are no GD dealers near us.

Jim
          Last edited by MidwestCamper; 04-16-2022, 05:43 AM.
          2017 Imagine 2600RB
          2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Unfortunately a good dealer with a bad service dept is common. Bad service dept will leave a rotten taste in your mouth rendering you extremely partial to another dealer and quite possibly another brand. A bad dealer with a great service dept will keep you coming back for the service.

Now Bad service writer and great service seems to be more common. Service writers are an under appreciated job, critical, but all of them seem to be P.O.ed at the world and take it out on customers. Most service writers lack communication skills. A little communication goes a long way when it comes to happiness. They tend to forget they have possession of a lot of our money when it comes to them having possession of our campers.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

In the auto world the feedback forms from customers do make a difference. In the RV world a dealer typically sells so many brands it would be difficult to train them to a single corporate mind set. Incentives and training are the best methods in a dealer to perform where its uncertain if that exists with any RV brand. My sales guy, and service writer were good to work with and the quality of the repair was satisfactory. I agree communication is key where mutual respect can go a long way with these folks since they are typically trounced on every day. Some however simply do not care.

Jim
              2017 Imagine 2600RB
              2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

I forgot this was supposed to be a thread about good service. So having never experienced this phenomenon at a dealer I will from this point forward remain conspicuously silent
                (apply sarcasm filter here ^^^^^^)
                2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Always good service at General RV, Brownstown.

Comment

Kudos to Northgate RV in Ringgold GA and to Grand Designs CS people. Super responsive at both ends of the TT service spectrum.
                    2022 3100RD
                    2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
                    Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

Working...
                    X