Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 6.7 F350 owners - Whats wacky in the photo?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 6.7 F350 owners - Whats wacky in the photo?

I ran across something on top of my engine. Dealer had never seen it before. Came from the factory this way. So for fun spot what off in the photo - sort of like Wheres Waldo. Moderators this is just for fun, so you can delete if needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0888s.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	87771 If your first to spot it coffee on me

Name:	IMG_0889s.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	87772

Last clue

Name:	IMG_0891s.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	87773

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Looks like a string a line to a housing?

Comment

Looks like a safety shoe string to keep the rubber line from rubbing on the aluminium cast intake horn and eating a hole in it.

Although that could be the new FORD (fix or replace daily) method of keeping the charged air lines from blowing apart.

Cate&Rob Rob does yours have that shoe string holding parts together under the hood?
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

The turbo is not on top of the motor?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
        2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

Keith,

Its hard to tell but sometimes items are held roughly in place on the line until a final connection is made. Foam would typically be used for chafing where I doubt Ford would tie things up with strings as a permanent fix.

Jim
          2017 Imagine 2600RB
          2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

MidwestCamper Country Campers Jlawles2 Randy Zahn

Your all close and have passed your vision check for today- its actually two rubber bands and does absolutely nothing now. Maybe during assembly?. Ill take it off and see what happens. Service manager laughed when I sent him the picture.

I have heard of parts shortages, but this is funny.. If there is a rubbing problem I have some foam sticky pads that should work.

Thanks for taking part in this experimenter - I now return you to more useful and meaningful activities.

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

I didn’t get the rubber band option . . . but, you made me go out and check . . . LOL!

Here’s another one for you . . . does your truck squawk like a duck after you shut it off ? Must be one or more diaphragm valves relaxing??

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                does your truck squawk like a duck after you shut it off ?

Rob

I'm at a loss for words on this one...lol

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                2021 Reflection 303RLS, Haloview RD7, Strong-arms, Micro-Air364

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, the newer diesels have several devices to prevent run away. I think there is a intake emergency valve that closes when the engine is shut off. You may be hearing the turbine spooling down while that valve closes. I think they started the duck call edition in about 2017 or so.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

I didn’t get the rubber band option . . . but, you made me go out and check . . . LOL!

Here’s another one for you . . . does your truck squawk like a duck after you shut it off ? Must be one or more diaphragm valves relaxing??

Rob
                    Sorry Rob
                    I did not get the Duck Language Option.... must be a Canadian thing.............................sorry could not resist....just in fun

So far I have not had any strange noises.....but remember I am hearing, dinentionally, and folicly impaired. And to add to that driving over the three major passes with rough roads, tight turn, hard braking, etc. I got no noises out of the suspension, trans, or truck body - Nada - Nothing.. My 04 creaked and groaned from day one. The only noise came out of SWMBO when I was having fun in the corners. She was on the outside on Red Mountain.... the 300+ Ft drop offs with no guard rail..

BTW She (SHMBO ) was the first to spot the rubber bands.....I must give her credit for that.

As for the Duck sounds try over on the Blue Oval Forms - lots of knowledge over there.

Pleas be safe and whatever you do.... don't Quack up..

Remember Confusions said duck that fly's upside down Quacks up

Keith

Comment

Pretty sure I saw Yoda at a stand up gig in a bar not too long ago....

Comment

And I thought the answer to what's whacky here is "where is the engine?"...lotsa plumbing and pipes.
                        The elastic bands remind me of back in the '80's when people used to refer to cars like my Challenger a 'rubber crank'.

Comment

I can attest to the "duck quacking" that Cate&Rob has mentioned, I heard it on his truck (just so you all do not think Rob is crazy)

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
                          2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

Yoda Keith, give yours some time. Funny noises always seem to appear after the new wears off.

Cate&Rob Rob, try with the hood open. If you can pinpoint the noise, it will help determine what it is.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Rob
                              Could be caused by many things. Could be the throttle closing to prevent rock back or the noise is being induced from rock back. Rock back is when the engine rotates slightly in the counter rotation direction just before coming to rest. A partial compression event creates this condition. A throttle is use to create delta P across the engine so EGR gasses can be pulled in but can also be used to prevent rock back. This method is commonly used in gas engines today so engine position can be more precisely determined for restart.

Too much info but could be one of many other examples, waste gate, counter rotating front pump, mounts, chafing on shutdown, etc. Can you post an audio?

Jim
                              Last edited by MidwestCamper; 06-17-2022, 09:25 AM.
                              2017 Imagine 2600RB
                              2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X