Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this thread is supposed to be unmoderated, why is it being moderated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this thread is supposed to be unmoderated, why is it being moderated?

I see some posts are being closed where the title says this area is not moderated. Can we get some direction in what is going on here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Not Moderated.PNG
Views:	267
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	88437
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 06-24-2022, 05:33 AM.
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Hi Jim,

Can you provide more specifics WRT your concern? All aspects of this forum are moderated following the posted rules for this forum.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      I see some posts are being closed where the title says this area is not moderated. Can we get some direction in what is going on here?

I can tell you Yoda's post below this one was closed because he asked us to close it. He thought the discussion had run its course and asked one of us to close it.
      Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28bh
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Midwest Camper - good morning

Neil is correct ncitro I asked that the thread be closed. It had run its coarse and had gone far off topic so I asked Rob Cate&Rob to close it. The moderators here do an excellent job of keeping the Form to is routs. That is the sharing of accurate Technical information on our trailers. They have been very kind in allowing some off topic threads to remain. An example is the Canada/Alaska fuel price thread I started. It not really technical, but some of our kind Canadian friends here have shared what's happening.

They are also very responsive to any need or questions and actually have a good sense of humor as a lot of good folks here have. Their job is not easy and I thank them for being able to do something I do not have the temperament for.

For a comparison have you visited the other places lately - lots of spam and controversy, along with misinformation on repairs and what might be wrong.

Last I don't mind being moderated either - Yep the force has left me a few times. They have always been kind about it, even though I probably should have been bopped upside the head.

Safe travels
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

There has been discussions over the last year or so to do away with this channel, maybe the time has come.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
          2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

I, for one, really like this forum. Lots of useful technical knowledge is shared. Have you looked at any of the GD and/or RV Facebook groups? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but they are filled with idiots that just keep posting bad and misinformation.
            Mike and Karen
            2021 2600RB
            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

I have enjoyed my time with this forum and the original Grand Design forum. Between the two I receive a good balance of technical and informative information. I don't do Facebook so I can't really comment on its content. Keep up the good work guys.
              John & Cindy
              2019 303 RLS
              2018 F250

Comment

I really hope this forum is not going away!! I have found so many helpful topics and everyone always seems very willing to help!!
                Scott & Mikaela
                2022 375 RES
                2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
                  I really hope this forum is not going away!! I have found so many helpful topics and everyone always seems very willing to help!!
                  I can assure you that this forum is not going away! Our purpose is owners helping owners with technical questions and sharing ideas for modifications to our trailers. Where we get “into the weeds” (so to speak) is when we get off course into non-technical or non-RV topics. We will sort this out.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I will take this moment to profusely thank the moderators for all the hard work they do to keep this forum on track. I have benefited greatly from their efforts and I appreciate all that they do.
                    2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
                    2018 Yamaha XT250 Dual Sport Motorcycle
                    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

The difference between a moderated thread and an unmoderated one is content deletion. The OP asked for the thread to be closed not because it was off base (which it had become) but because her had received the information needed. Once he received all of the information needed, he could have left the thread open to continue, however this would result in him continuing to receive notifications on un needed information.

The OP should be commended for having a thread that had completed it's intended purpose closed.

The only true moderation seen on this site by me thus far has been removal of links to other sites (due to site agreements), deletion or removal of GD drawings and diagrams (again GD requested these items remain personal and confidential), and removal of vulgarity.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I thought I would throw in my $0.02.....

I can see both sides of the equation with having a sort of 'catch-all' section on a Technical Forum. This group is VERY educated in a variety of areas, that can go beyond just RVs. With that experience, we have come to trust each other's opinions, which there comes a time when we would like others thoughts outside of the RV domain. However, this site (at least I believe this to be true) is paid for by Grand Design, so it makes sense for topics to be limited to those that relate to the brand. Keeping the conversation in the Grand Design space helps contain the noise and allows people to get answers quickly, which ultimately helps the Grand Design Customer Service team and helps the company realize the ROI on a site like this.

If there is the ability with the forum platform, perhaps the MOD team can look into an approval method for the Non-technical section before a topic is posted? IE, people can submit a possible new thread for this channel, and if it's an acceptable topic, then it gets posted? Not trying to create work for the MOD team, just throwing out an idea if people feel there is value in this channel, while keeping the topics related to RVs.

Finally, just to echo the sentiments of everyone else, this forum is awesome! We all owe each other a huge 'thank you' for taking the time to help each other and share their experiences, and to the moderators for keeping it awesome here. It's always fun discussing technical details with everyone, and working in a good Canada vs US jab in there is just the icing on the cake
                        2019 Imagine 2400BH
                        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                          There has been discussions over the last year or so to do away with this channel, maybe the time has come.

Brian
                          Brian
                          If I may suggest StephenO has an idea worth considering. Maybe an off topic - RV related section (moderated) for the gray matter we all think about that might not fit the other sections. Like my two posts on what was on my truck (its still there ) and fuel prices I might find going to Alaska. There would be the clear understanding that when the thread has lost it usefulness (or strayed off topic) it is just closed for parasitical bookkeeping reasons. There is a trust here found no where else about factual and honest information and sometimes we have a need (well wish/want) to ask slightly off topic questions. Just a thought...and for me we all know that is dangerous
                          Keith.....Ill go hide in my corner now

Thanks
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel, SteadyFast system, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL), B&W 25K OEM Companion

Comment

Jim - et. al.

Your post was very timely and resulted in quite a bit of moderator discussion about this section, the rules for the forum, and the purpose of the forum. Since its inception, this forum has been dedicated to "owners helping owners" with regards to the technical aspects of the forum. However, we also realize that we are a community of friends and there are times when we discuss things that may not be technical in nature. We also realize that some discussions can get way off base. So we're going to keep the non-tech section in place.

We removed the "non moderated" title and will moderate it if there is a complaint filed or it goes against the rules. Oh yeah, we also discussed the forum rules and purpose statement, and made some minor changes there.

As with any thread, if the original poster requests the thread be closed, we'll do so. But we typically never close a thread if not requested.

Thanks again for the question.

Jim
                            GDRV Forum Moderator
                            GDRV SW USA Rally Support Coordinator

Jim and Ginnie
                            2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Working...
                            X