Fat tire e-trike rack for Solitude 3540GK-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat tire e-trike rack for Solitude 3540GK-S

We have a 39 ft Solitude 3540GK-S and we want to mount a 2” bike rack which will accommodate at least one “e-trike (140lbs) - 68” length, 2 back wheels fat-tire 4-inch (Addmotor). Mainly we are looking for the RV e-trike, but if any info also for RV racks which will accommodate another regular e-bike (80 lbs), that would also be appreciated. We looked at all sites including GD sites for e-trikes for RVs, but none will accommodate the weight/length of our e-trike without serious modifications needed.
    Last edited by Anne5gds; 01-15-2023, 11:03 AM.
    2021 Solitude 3540GK-S

Good morning, and welcome to the forum. This is a tough one. We've seen very few racks that are RV rated that can handle standard e-bikes, let alone a trike. I believe Swagman offers a rack that can handle an 80# e-bike. howson may have information on that.

BTW, my wife's e-bike weighs in excess of 60 pounds, but when we load it on the bike rack, she removes the battery which drops 10# off the carrying weight.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim- thank you! We have bought e-bike racks for RV Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	103189
      Hyperax Volt RV e-bike rack (a couple others available in Amazon including the Swagman type) which can take up to 2 e-bikes (70 lbs each -140lbs total), and it works great for our regular 2 fat tire e-bikes, but we have found nothing for a 3-fat tire e-trike other than youtube videos (innovative ideas, which I am not very crafty to do)..
      Last edited by Anne5gds; 01-15-2023, 11:29 AM.
      2021 Solitude 3540GK-S

Comment

What about a rear cargo rack?, flat surface and some come with a ramp for loading.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Anne5gds View Post
          We have a 39 ft Solitude 3540GK-S and we want to mount a 2” bike rack which will accommodate at least one “e-trike (140lbs) - 68” length, 2 back wheels fat-tire 4-inch (Addmotor). Mainly we are looking for the RV e-trike, but if any info also for RV racks which will accommodate another regular e-bike (80 lbs), that would also be appreciated. We looked at all sites including GD sites for e-trikes for RVs, but none will accommodate the weight/length of our e-trike without serious modifications needed.
          My step-father carried my Mom's trike on a HitchRider rack for years on the back of their 5th wheel and then their last RV (a Class A shown below). I doubt the rack is "rated" for the back of a 5vr or trailer, but Randy did it. He did have to add a few supports (wire with turnbuckles) to reduce the sway in the rack. (Randy was an engineer.) The rack came from https://hitchrider.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Randy.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	103205

Click image for larger version

Name:	Back of Truck.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	103206

If nothing else it's a company you can contact to see if they can accommodate your need.

Please let us know what you end up doing (sharing info is the power of an owners forum!).

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X