Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Tag a Forum Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag a Forum Member

I often see links to other members in the text of various posts... how does one add such a link when creating or answering a post?
    Last edited by howson; 09-05-2020, 12:42 PM.
    Moe & Donna
    2020 Imagine 2450RL

Originally posted by Moe View Post
    I often see links to other members in the text of various posts... how does one add such a link when creating or answering a post?
    To add a link , actually called a tag , you just use the @ symbol in front of the user name. When you start typing the user name a small drop box will appear with names with the letters you are typing. This helps you choose the right person. Here is an example Moe . This as well as using the quote function will give the user a notification , if they have that function turned on in there settings.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

To add a link , actually called a tag , you just use the @ symbol in front of the user name. When you start typing the user name a small drop box will appear with names with the letters you are typing. This helps you choose the right person. Here is an example Moe . This as well as using the quote function will give the user a notification , if they have that function turned on in there settings.

Brian
      Excellent Brian. Thank You... I would have never figured that out.
      Moe & Donna
      2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

In this version of vBulletin it *should* be as easy as using the @ symbol followed by the forum user name to tag someone--but I've found that after the first tag the page is unresponsive to further tags.

Example: To tag me, you should only have to type howson A drop down box appears to pick from a list if you stop typing after the first three characters in the username. Example: @how The list will look like the picture below--(click on the username desired from list list):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tag like this.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	41215

Another way of tagging individuals is to use this format: {USER="10"}howson{/USER} Replace the { with [ and } with ] to get it to actually work.

How do you know the user's number? Click on their forum name in any post. There will be a number in front of their username in the URL line (see example below):

Here's a "cheat sheet" for the technical forum moderators:

Technical
        TucsonJim=4
        Cate&Rob=5
        Country Campers=6
        howson=10

GDRV4Life
        barefootchelle=13
        Andi=697

-Howard
        Attached Files
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X