Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Add a signature to your posts

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 , HP laptop, can you help me take a screen shot?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here is what I see, Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	714
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	892
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

• Steve7
        Steve7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, mine doesn’t look anything like that. And...my quote option just disappeared. I wonder if there is another format I can get to.

Okay, just figured it out. I went to account in user settings, and changed display mode to “posts”, instead of “latest activity”. Now the newest posts are further down on the page. Thanks Brian for helping out.
      Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
      2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
      2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

• Country Campers
        Country Campers commented
        Editing a comment
        That was my next step , I was going to pm you with a screenshot of my settings. I found that the posts setting works the best and I just click on "New Topics" at the top of the page and that brings up all of the new posts made since I last logged in.

Brian

So I set up a signature but every time I save it the system tells me my email addresses don't match so I fix them (for some reason the system keeps populating the first email address field with my user name). It work once and then it stops. So i go back to settings again and sure enough, the first email address field has been repopulated with my user name and I have to change it again. I've done this a dozen times. Can someone check it out for me?
      Paul and Deb Cervone
      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
      2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

testing, 1, 2 ,3
        Paul and Deb Cervone
        2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Ok see. My first post above has my signature but my second one it's gone again :(
          Paul and Deb Cervone
          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Just refresh the screen and it will show up again Paul.
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
              Just refresh the screen and it will show up again Paul.
              Okey dokey, it worked.
              Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
                So Jim, why the 3 line limit, as it seems most aren't following that request?
                Paul - We're trying to make it more user friendly for people using mobile devices like cell phones. Very long signatures make it difficult to work through the actual message text, especially with a slow cell phone connection.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

• Paul & Deb
                  Paul & Deb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see but mine still doesn't show unless I refresh my screen. So is everyone constantly refreshing their screen? I don't get it.

I do not refresh every time. I have just learned that it does not show up right away but it will be there when I come back.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

When you go to "edit my signature" there are 3 tabs in the top of the edit box. One is for uploading image , one for advanced editor , one is for ? I don't know , could not remember that much.

Brian
                  I do not have 3 tabs at top of my edit box. Would this be a situation whereas you the moderator sees things we users do not?
                  Brady & Steph
                  2019 Momentum 351m FBP
                  2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
                  *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
                  *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Originally posted by TENN22 View Post

I do not have 3 tabs at top of my edit box. Would this be a situation whereas you the moderator sees things we users do not?
                    Yes I have learned that I see some things that members do not.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I had Ginnie (my better half) check her account and she confirmed that users do not have the option of adding a file to their signature. There is a reason for this.

V-bulletin 5 is designed to be much more user friendly when using mobile devices like smart phones. And I've confirmed that it is much easier to use on my Android when compared to previous versions of the software. When users had long signatures with photos, it made it difficult to maneuver through the forum for people on mobile devices. In fact, it was so bad on previous versions, that third party apps like Tapatalk were created to make the job easier.

So for right now, the ability for users to add photos such as state's visited is not turned on. If users would like to add this function in the future, we can certainly debate it.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I had Ginnie (my better half) check her account and she confirmed that users do not have the option of adding a file to their signature. There is a reason for this.

V-bulletin 5 is designed to be much more user friendly when using mobile devices like smart phones. And I've confirmed that it is much easier to use on my Android when compared to previous versions of the software. When users had long signatures with photos, it made it difficult to maneuver through the forum for people on mobile devices. In fact, it was so bad on previous versions, that third party apps like Tapatalk were created to make the job easier.

So for right now, the ability for users to add photos such as state's visited is not turned on. If users would like to add this function in the future, we can certainly debate it.

Jim
                        I would vote "Yes" for the states visited signature. I would think with certain restrictions on file size you could still make it mobile friendly.
                        Brady & Steph
                        2019 Momentum 351m FBP
                        2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
                        *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
                        *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

I would vote "Yes" for the states visited signature. I would think with certain restrictions on file size you could still make it mobile friendly.
                          Same here...
                          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                          2020 Momentum 351M
                          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
                          X