Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Add a signature to your posts

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the map work for me? Is it because I'm a moderator? I've got two super-small pics in the signature--it's too much?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Guess I'll post my sig pic one last time for posterity and then edit out the pics in the 'real' signature...<sigh>

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Guess I'll post my sig pic one last time for posterity and then edit out the pics in the 'real' signature...<sigh>

Howard,
        Sigh is right. I see value in the states visited map as well as the picture of everyone's rig and tow vehicle. I hope they change their mind on this. Maybe once the poll for the categories is finished, there could be a poll for the yes or no on the sig pic and state visited?
        Brady
        Brady & Steph
        2019 Momentum 351m FBP
        2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
        *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
        *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Jim
          Can you provide instructions on how to include details of unit and TV and name with my posts?
          Thanks.
          Rich
          Rich & Shari Clark, Surrey, BC
          2019 310GK, Added Furion Observation Camera, Hitch Receiver to come.
          2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali

Comment

From the Forum's home page, click on your username and then USER SETTINGS

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide 1.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	2815

Make sure SHOW SIGNATURES is checked (just above EDIT POST SIGNATURE). After ensuring SHOW SIGNATURES is checked click EDIT POST SIGNATURE.

Name:	Slide 2.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	2816

The EDIT POST SIGNATURE dialog box will open. Edit and click SAVE. Below is how mine looks...

Name:	Slide 3.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	2817

Comment

I hadn’t figured out how to do this yet. Thanks.
              Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
              Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
              2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
              Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
              Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Howard
                Added the info and then saved, but the info does not seem to be attached as you can see here.

Rich

Comment

Howard
                  It didn't add it to my reply to you. But it does appear above in a new post, which was before I added it??
                  Rich

Comment

Originally posted by CLARKR4 View Post
                    Howard
                    It didn't add it to my reply to you. But it does appear above in a new post, which was before I added it??
                    Rich
                    For whatever reason the first time a post is displayed the signature may not show. Refresh the page and it will show up. TTBOMK it's a vBulletin5 issue.

For example, after my answer above posted I took a screen shot. It's the first pic below--note the absence of a signature. Then I hit F5 on my keyboard ("refresh") and look at the second screen shot below--magically the signature showed up. All I did was refresh my browser.

FIRST PIC

Name:	First View.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	2838

SECOND PIC (after hitting F5 to refresh my browser)

Name:	Second View.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	2839
                    Last edited by howson; 08-10-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Is anyone having difficulties with signatures displaying in the Safari browser? If I use Chrome (not my preferred browser), I can see signatures.

Ok...it seems I have isolated this further to my login. If I browse the forum not logged on, I see the signatures but log in (any browser) and I no longer see signatures.
                      Last edited by CloseToRetirement; 09-05-2019, 08:23 PM.
                      Barb, Lyle and the two four-legged kids
                      2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
                      2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

I am logged in on Safari on my iPhone, and I can see the signatures
                        Andi
                        Brookings SD
                        2018 Reflection 337RLS
                        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
                          Is anyone having difficulties with signatures displaying in the Safari browser? If I use Chrome (not my preferred browser), I can see signatures.

Ok...it seems I have isolated this further to my login. If I browse the forum not logged on, I see the signatures but log in (any browser) and I no longer see signatures.
                          In post #1, look closely and you'll see the "SHOW SIGNATURES" option is checked. Is it enabled in your settings?

Note that after posting a signature may not show up. I have no idea why. Refresh your browser (I hit F5 on my keyboard) and the signature then displays.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

In post #1, look closely and you'll see the "SHOW SIGNATURES" option is checked. Is it enabled in your settings?

Note that after posting a signature may not show up. I have no idea why. Refresh your browser (I hit F5 on my keyboard) and the signature then displays.
                            Hi Howard,

I have accessed the site on several devices (Mac, Windows, IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and the results are the same. Not logging in permits me to see the signatures, however as soon as I log on the signatures disappear. I have deselected the two items under account to display signatures and avatars, saved the change, logged out then logged back in with the same results. Then after logging back in, enabling those two items again in user settings, saving, logging out then logging back in, the signatures still don't appear.

In the infinite words of Winston Churchill..."It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma."

Lyle

2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by CloseToRetirement View Post

Hi Howard,

I have accessed the site on several devices (Mac, Windows, IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and the results are the same. Not logging in permits me to see the signatures, however as soon as I log on the signatures disappear. I have deselected the two items under account to display signatures and avatars, saved the change, logged out then logged back in with the same results. Then after logging back in, enabling those two items again in user settings, saving, logging out then logging back in, the signatures still don't appear.

In the infinite words of Winston Churchill..."It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma."

Lyle
                              "No soup for you!" I'll do some research and see if I can figure it out.

Comment

Hi Howard,

in the vBulletin admin panel there should be a setting to clear signature cache. It doesn’t change settings by user but I believe it may clear any errant behavior around signatures.

Cheers,
                                Lyle
                                2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                                X