Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Insert Photographs in your Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert Photographs in your Thread

To add a photograph to your post, simply click on the camera image, and upload the photo of your choice.
    Last edited by howson; 09-05-2020, 12:41 PM.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

When you upload your picture there is a choice for the size of picture , thumbnail,small,medium,large. Thumbnail or small works , and the reader can click the picture to make larger.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	CAMPING.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	1356 Ok I'll try.....yaay it works! Thanks Brian!
      Jeff
      2019 Solitude 375 RES
      2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Another option is to use the Upload Attachments function.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Attachments.JPG Views:	0 Size:	35.7 KB ID:	6373

Once you click Upload Attachments a standard dialog box will open. Find the picture you want to upload and select it. Then click Open (or whatever option your browser gives you).

Click image for larger version  Name:	attachments1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	6374

Instead of inserting into the thread, the attachment will attach below your message like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	attachments2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.0 KB ID:	6375

Now make sure the cursor is where you want the picture to show up in your post, and then click on the relative size you want it to be (Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large,...). I've found Large works good most of the time. If you don't like the result, click Remove and try again.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I am curious of the size of picture added. As far as some one on a mobile device and limited data, would a smaller picture use less jigabits?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            I am curious of the size of picture added. As far as some one on a mobile device and limited data, would a smaller picture use less jigabits?

Brian
            For the initial attachment--absolutely. The snips I usually post are ~585x398 pixels at 96 dpi. The means the attachment is ~32kB (really small). The image doesn't need to be very large to display well on a monitor or device. I *think* there's a built-in filter for how large of a file a person can upload that's based on the extension. If a user bumps up against that limit they are definitely uploading an image that's too large.

BTW--"snip" is referencing the Snipping Tool found in Windows. Super easy to display a high-quality photo or anything else on your screen and then take a "snip" of it. The resulting file is nice and small and works great on this forum. The Snipping Tool is also how I insert those high-tech arrows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snip.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	6408
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I am trying to post photos of our fix on slide leak and it says URL missing, what does that mean? Help please
              2020 XLS 22MLE
              2020 Ram Big Horn 1500 Hemi 5.7

Comment

When making a post over on the right side there is a clipboard looking button , click that to upload attachments. Then under the area that you are writing the post there is the "upload attachments" button , click that.
                This will open a window from your computer to browse to the photo you wish to upload. After choosing the photo I usually pick small or medium for picture size.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Got it thanks!
                  2020 XLS 22MLE
                  2020 Ram Big Horn 1500 Hemi 5.7

Comment

Working...
                  X