how to mount TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to mount TV

Need to know how big the backer plate is in the wall to mount a TV bracket in the bedroom for a 2600RB 2021 Imagine and how long of screws should I use.
    Last edited by dennis; 07-12-2020, 08:52 AM. Reason: putting in size of trailer

Originally posted by dennis View Post
    Need to know how big the backer plate is in the wall to mount a TV bracket in the bedroom for a 2600RB 2021 Imagine and how long of screws should I use.
    See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tvs-tv-prepped
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I had the same question for customer service. They said the backing plate is metal and use a rare earth magnet to see exactly where it is and how large. The recommended cutting a piece of 1/2or 3/4 inch plywood to mount to the backing plate and then mounting the tv bracket to that. If I remember, screw into the backing plate should be no more than 1 inch to prevent penetrating the outer wall. You can see how thick the walls are by measuring the door to the storage bin. YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE TOO LONG A SCREW!!!! The plywood allows a longer screw (1 inch plus thickness of plywood) but I wouldn't go more than the total of the plywood pus 1 inch..

We still haven't mounted a bracket in the bedroom. Looking for a bracket which locks in storage and have full motion that doesn't cost more than filling the 36 gallon fuel tank in my pickup

If you have questions, call GD customer service, they are a great source of intormation.
      2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
      2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
      Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
      FMCA # 489460

Comment

Working...
      X