Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Go to First Unread Post in Existing Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to First Unread Post in Existing Thread?

This may not be the correct area for posting this question, but I was not able to find anything that was a better match.

My question is fairly basic. I participate on several other forums, and there is usually a way to jump, within a specific post, to the next “unread” comment. This reduces the amount of time that it takes to review a topic, especially when there have been a lot of comments. Is there a way to do that on this venue? While it isn’t too much of an issue currently, I can see it becoming more needed as the forum continues to grow.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by howson; 09-05-2020, 12:37 PM.
    Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Originally posted by Tom in PGH View Post
    This may not be the correct area for posting this question, but I was not able to find anything that was a better match.

My question is fairly basic. I participate on several other forums, and there is usually a way to jump, within a specific post, to the next “unread” comment. This reduces the amount of time that it takes to review a topic, especially when there have been a lot of comments. Is there a way to do that on this venue? While it isn’t too much of an issue currently, I can see it becoming more needed as the forum continues to grow.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks
    If the thread has more than one post you'll see a small blue arrow next to the thread's title. If you click on this blue arrow (instead of the thread title) it will go to the first unread post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Little Blue Arrow.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2591

I've also found even when I do click on the thread title that the screen automatically scrolls (sometimes!) down to the first unread.

Hang in there--using this newer version of vBulletin takes some adjustment. (You're not alone!)

-Howard
    Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks. I’ve followed you on the “other” form for quite some time. Over there, I’m “Richter”.
      Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
      Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
      2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
      Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
      Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Great question and answer. Arrow works great!
        Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
        2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
        2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Working...
        X