Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Post >5 Pics? (How To Cheat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post >5 Pics? (How To Cheat)

The technique shown below is using tools available in Windows 7 and Microsoft Powerpoint, but the concept can be applied using any number of different tools. The terminology is "Windows", too (sorry, Mac-ites).

As you may or may not know, a post has a limit of 5 attachments. If you've seen my posts, I like to Insert the pictures in the post with the verbiage. This is why my pictures are "attachments" versus "pictures".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Not This.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	29199 There's an entire thread on posting pictures--see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...in-your-thread if you need more info on how to post a picture (with the multiple options explained).

This thread is to show how to post more than 5 pictures in a single post so let's get back to that info! (I'll use Upload Attachments for this example.) Please don't get frustrated if you try this yourself--this post is to convey a concept, it is not a tutorial.

What I Use
    Snipping Tool (or you can use the Print Screen function--it's a key on your keyboard. Press it and a snapshot of your screen is put in the clipboard)
    Microsoft Powerpoint

Let's say you want to show two pictures as one in the post. Open picture 1 and then,using the "snip" tool, paste it into Powerpoint.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snip 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	29200

Now do the same for picture 2 (paste it into Powerpoint from the clipboard).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snip 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	29201
    Resize, add labels, arrows...use all the tools in Powerpoint to convey your content.

Now use the Snip Tool again to combine the pictures into one and Save the snip as a JPG to the folder of your choice on your computer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snip 3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	90.0 KB ID:	29202

Now use the Upload Attachments tool to get your saved picture into your post. Once uploaded, put the mouse cursor in your post where you want the picture (attachment) to display and Insert the picture into the post (I use the "Large" option).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snip 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	29203

Voila'--you posted two pictures but only used up one of the five attachments allowed in one post.

I cheated and left out a lot of the step-by-step. As previously stated, this text is meant to convey the concept, not to be a tutorial. If there's someone that will view it, I'll make a YouTube video and post it showing the step-by-step. Just ask.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus
Working...
X