Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Reply to Private Message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply to Private Message?

How does one reply to a message in the inbox? I don't see any way to reply except to send a new message.
    Last edited by howson; 09-05-2020, 12:36 PM.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS 2016 Silverado 2500HD
    "Use your head for something besides a hat rack"......my Dad.

Originally posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    How does one reply to a message in the inbox? I don't see any way to reply except to send a new message.
    If it is a private message, at the top right of your screen click MESSAGES > GO TO MESSAGE CENTER

In the MESSAGE CENTER click on INBOX

Click on the MESSAGE you want to respond to and you have access to responding as normal.

Here's an example (I hope ClarkR4 doesn't mind I'm using his note as an example!):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Message Center.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	2971
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If it is a private message, at the top right of your screen click MESSAGES > GO TO MESSAGE CENTER

In the MESSAGE CENTER click on INBOX

Click on the MESSAGE you want to respond to and you have access to responding as normal.

Here's an example (I hope ClarkR4 doesn't mind I'm using his note as an example!):

Name:	Message Center.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	2971
      Howard, I do not have the box below the message allowing a response or adding attachments. Just the message appears. I'm using MS Edge browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefblueman View Post

Howard, I do not have the box below the message allowing a response or adding attachments. Just the message appears. I'm using MS Edge browser.
        GDRV-Tom -- see thread above and Kim's last response to me. Any idea?

Chiefblueman -- can you try a different browser as a test? (I use Chrome.)
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Here is what I have found. When you go to the message center to read the message , if the reply box does not come up , click on the subject as seen in this picture. This will open up the message and allow one to have the response box.

Name:	Screenshot (14)_LI.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	3041

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            Here is what I have found. When you go to the message center to read the message , if the reply box does not come up , click on the subject as seen in this picture. This will open up the message and allow one to have the response box.

Brian
            Exactly--you have to select the message (click on it) to make it active and have a response box. Kind of like looking at your email in your inbox--you can read the preview messages but can't respond until you click on an email to make it active. I hope that makes some sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
              Thanks Brian! Even though there supposedly are no stupid questions, I think mine was perilously close.

Comment

• Country Campers
                Country Campers commented
                Editing a comment
                No stupid questions allowed here (haha). There is a learning curve to this new thingy , I am learning from each question that is asked , and have many of my own questions answered.
                All good though.

Brian
            Working...
            X